Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:21:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Making a City - New diner finished.  (Read 4678 times)

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Making a City - New diner finished.
« on: May 21, 2019, 04:32:08 AM »
Greetings folks, I've been making a city for an impending zombie apocalypse. I chosen to do this using World Works Games card terrain (one of the reasons being that I already have a good collection of card terrain). I have to say, individual parts look a bit odd but when put together as a whole it looks pretty good I still have a ways to go but I've go a basic set up happening.

More at my blog at: https://this28mmlife.blogspot.com/2019/05/modern-life-zombies.html

« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 03:44:57 AM by Melnibonean »
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Making a City
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 08:40:38 AM »
Nice work, it covers the board nicely.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 09:20:24 PM »
Very nice city set up, I hope you have plans to expand on this project.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 02:01:35 AM »
I designed a few card-stock wooden fences during the week whilst also working on a basic suburban house. I'm hoping to have the house finished in three colours within the next week.

The fences are pretty basic but they look good and are pretty easy to construct. I also did a couple with graffiti to add a bit of difference as well as some gates. I should also do some with weeds at the bottom.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: Making a City - Some wooden fences added.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 05:02:38 AM »
Very nice way to channel your heroes into an almost no way out situation, or guiding the Zombies out of a section of town.

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 07:43:11 AM »
Nice work.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 02:09:30 AM »
I made a house using card stock. I designed the pieces using Photoshop but there are a few prop pieces from WorldworksGames added (the garage roof too). Its pretty large - 9" x 8" and 9" high. I'll be using it for zombie apocalypse games.

More pics and info on my blog @: http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com/2019/06/a-new-house.html.

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Making a City - A Suburban House added.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 07:06:53 PM »
Nice place.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 03:19:05 AM »
Man - the house in particular has been expertly executed. Well done all 'round.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:16:07 AM by von Lucky »
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 04:21:18 PM »
That is very well done. Is that mounted on foam core? Not sure if it is the pictures or my computer (or my eyes), but it is a little hard for me to tell.

That is a great addition to your city, regardless!

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 12:16:24 AM »
Thanks for the positive feedback folks.

That is very well done. Is that mounted on foam core? Not sure if it is the pictures or my computer (or my eyes), but it is a little hard for me to tell.

That is a great addition to your city, regardless!
No. It's mounted on 2mm black mounting board. So it's fairly solid.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 06:32:01 PM »
Same for the fences? They are nice too. Maybe you could dress up the supports a bit to give it a propped up feeling, like so?

I don't even know that you would have to widen out the supports, but the change to looking like a rigged fix might add a little additional ambiance. Just a thought that struck me.

Great work all around. Where do you buy your 2mm board? I typically build with cardboard (because I'm a simpleton, and cheap, and I can't be bothered to do fancy things like foam board), but I'm always keeping my mind open to new things.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 02:49:10 AM »
Same for the fences? They are nice too. Maybe you could dress up the supports a bit to give it a propped up feeling, like so?

I don't even know that you would have to widen out the supports, but the change to looking like a rigged fix might add a little additional ambiance. Just a thought that struck me.

Great work all around. Where do you buy your 2mm board? I typically build with cardboard (because I'm a simpleton, and cheap, and I can't be bothered to do fancy things like foam board), but I'm always keeping my mind open to new things.

Not for these fences. They're for a "nice suburb" sort of  early in the apocalypse feel. But I did trim the supports because they were unnecessarily long.

I just made some wire fencing too. See Workbench: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=117696.0

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:51:12 AM by Melnibonean »

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2019, 10:36:30 AM »
Every zombie apocalypse needs a roadside diner, so I started making one. I was going order an MDF kit but I decided to scratch build using cardboard. I still need to make the roof and add some details including the front door, detritus, some filth and grit. Other details I'll add after painting

There's more detail at my blog here: http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-diner-at-end-of-world.html

Here's what it looks like so far.

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
Re: Making a City - WIP diner added.
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 01:49:01 PM »
That diner is a superb build - I have a soft spot for cardstock, since the missus and I put on a few zombie bashing games for Hasslefree at Salute in the dim & distant past.

Have you seen the Stoelzels Structures kits? They're designed to be mounted on foam board, and he has a few options not covered by wwg.