Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: AFTERMATH! 28mm Post Apocalyptic Miniatures miniatures  (Read 3100 times)

Offline Nedland

• Lurker
AFTERMATH! 28mm Post Apocalyptic Miniatures miniatures
« on: May 23, 2019, 01:47:38 AM »
After almost 40 years the iconic cover image of the AFTERMATH! roleplaying game boxset is brought to life in 28mm gaming miniatures.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/puttymonkey/aftermath-28mm-post-apocalyptic-miniatures

Hello! 
       I'm Mark Evans, and I have been making miniatures for wargaming and roleplaying game companies for over 25 years. This is my first Kickstarter, but I have been involved as a sculptor in many others, including Cthulhu Wars by Petersen Games, Dwarf Veterans by Ral Partha Europe, Spies and Patriots by Brigadegames, along with The Assault Group and Effincoolminis to name just a few.

So whats this about?
       I recently approched Scott Bizar at Fantasy Games Unlimited - one of, if not the oldest, roleplaying game publishing houses remaining - about the possibility of creating miniatures for a game I loved playing back in the early 80s: AFTERMATH!  He liked what he heard, and said OK, lets do it!
       So that means the two miniatures you see here are fully licensed and endorsed by Fantasy Games Unlimited themselves!

Below you can see the original box cover art of AFTERMATH!,  and close up shots of the two Kickstarter miniatures based on the characters depicted.

I have copy this from the kickstarter page.

David Peters

Offline kalebdaark

• Bookworm
    • Warlords of the Wasteland
Re: AFTERMATH! 28mm Post Apocalyptic Miniatures miniatures
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 10:36:54 PM »
A shame that the kickstarter ended so early.   I wanted these but only found this post just now.   I've been sick and out of commission for a while.

I really want these......any chance that you'll do another run?

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 02:44:52 AM »
Glad you had a successful kickstarter! I played in a campaign set in Sydney in the 80s,fond memories. One of the fellows involved actually wrote part of our campaign set in Sydney University,complete with Daleks for Fantasy Flight (he also did a Space Opera setting). Can’t remember his name,high school teacher anyway. Happy days :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Carpathian

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 06:08:31 PM »
Nice work.  Fond memories of Aftermath also.    For those too young to remember, FGU had a reputation for statistics-heavy (sometemes less than playable) games, which were innovative and ahead of their time in many ways.   

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/12/Fantasy-Games-Unlimited

If I'm not mistaken, Scott B Bizar owns the trademarks and publishing rights to the games, but the actual copyrights still belong to the authors.   The exception being Chivalry & Sorcery, whose authors got it back in court, for neglecting his contractual obligations, before Scott knew what to do about it.   

If he is licensing out the miniatures, hopefully he is sending a few dollars to the authors.

https://www.geeknative.com/53579/villains-and-vigilantes-legal-battle-reignites/

Offline kalebdaark

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 01:12:48 AM »
Just found the website - these are indeed available

www.puttymonkey.com

I've secured mine and will post pics once painted.

Enjoy!

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 04:36:57 PM »
Seeing that these appear to be on general sale now I was just wondering how long before I get my Kickstarter please??
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 03:48:27 PM »
[quoteSeeing that these appear to be on general sale now I was just wondering how long before I get my Kickstarter please??][/quote]

Never mind. This mornings Kickstarter update clarified this for me. ;D

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 11:50:35 AM »
So, my Kickstarter order arrived half an hour ago. One of each, plus extra Master Rats and Rat Swarm. I am now looking forward to the planned Kickstarter 2, especially if the Kangaroo Riders go ahead   :D
It's just a pity I'm now heading to the other side of the world and won't be able to start painting these until next month. 

Offline kalebdaark

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 09:46:20 PM »
Hello All,

Well, I got my minis and painted 'em, so as promised here they are:

First, the male and female cover subjects as minis to be used in-game.   I gave 'em a slightly different treatment.

And here are the cover minis with their cover-art stand as a display piece.  A little cheating here as the guy's helmet faceplate was replaced by a piece of clear plastic to match the original cover better.  I used part of the clear tube that protects a new brush when you buy it.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 09:48:49 PM by kalebdaark »