Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:58:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: eMills various works (Update November 27, 2021)  (Read 4065 times)

Offline eMills

• Scientist
Re: eMills various works (Update January 20)
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2021, 03:28:01 PM »
So, I picked up a Sonic Mini 4K.  After having to return the first unit due to power supply issues. the second one is performing excellently so far.  Quick, and slightly crappy (sorry) pictures inbound.

Sgt Slaughter (GI Joe):

Shown side by side with the prints from the original Photon, the quality is pretty impressive.

Cobra Commander (GI Joe):

His helmet is blutacked on right now.  I printed the masked head as well, but I mangled it taking it off of the supports.

Big Boa (GI Joe):

New print is actually in 5 pieces (head, body, separate hands, legs).  I got tired of dropping the hands so they are glued on here.  I will be re-attaching them in the sculpt for future prints.  Major PITA...  I also reworked the sculpt a bit so quality difference isn't entirely due to printers.

Magnus Armstrong (NOLF):

I split him into two parts thinking it would help with keeping the details crisp.  Thinking about it now though, it would have been ok to leave him in one piece.  As with Big Boa, I did some extensive resculpting here so the difference between the two prints isn't entirely due to printer quality.

SNAKE Battle Armor (GI Joe):

This is in 7 pieces, lol.  I wanted to be able to make weapon swaps possible.  Not sure I like what I have now so some revisions for ease of use may need to happen.  Some major looking print lines in the pictures but not that visible in hand.

Comparison shot with Slaughter.

Mr Jaadoogar (Slugfest):

Head and cap are a separate piece.  Blutacked on for this picture.

Swashbuckler (Talisman):

My print from the Photon for this guy was messed up and I threw away what was there so no comparison shot.  I am going to attach the dagger to the body for future prints.  It is just too small and not fun to deal with on its own.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
Re: eMills various works (Update January 20)
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2021, 05:37:20 PM »
Did some work on the Grey Knights bits I started many moons ago.  I've basically resculpted all of this:
Justicar Torso

"Basic" Torso

Heads that I have made so far

Test prints later today hopefully.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
Re: eMills various works (Update April 2nd)
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 07:39:03 PM »
Here are some prints (shitty pics as usual, sorry):

GW>Print--Print>GW>Print--GW>Print>GW

The size on the bare heads and hooded head is pretty good.  Need to work the details a little bit to make them print better.  The helmet needs to be a bit larger and some of the details reworked a small amount.

Torso and Tassets are printed.  Need to make some adjustments, but they are pretty solid as is.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
Re: eMills various works (Update April 2nd)
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2021, 07:24:58 PM »
So, I've been trying to figure out a good way to do chainmaille and I finally hit on something that I think will work:

Parts breakdown.

Poorly primed test print.  Need to adjust the thinning.  It is filling details quite a bit.  Wish I had taken a pre-prime picture.  Badger Stynylrez grey primer.  I wanted to test out the cordless airbrush I bought not too long ago.  Pretty happy with it.  Definitely need to do a better job with thinning the primer though.

Comparison with one of the AoS Witch Hunters.  Pretty happy with the size.  Need to work on the way I do supports too.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
Re: eMills various works (Update September 30)
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2021, 10:05:24 PM »
Bit of random inspiration and furious sculpting done over the last two days:

Inspired by this figure from the Rogue Stars line:

I like the idea behind the Rogue Stars game, but the figures produced for it never did grab me.  Some excellent designs, but a bit too retro styled for my liking.  So, I decided to have a go at resculpting the designs that I like, starting with the male Pirate.  I decided to make him a Dwarf too, just for variety's sake.

I might make his little buddy too, not sure.  Print will have to wait until I'm off next week.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
Re: eMills various works (Update October 29, 2021)
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2021, 04:03:57 PM »
Hope everyone who celebrates had a good holiday.  I worked on a couple things in my downtime yesterday, and trying a new way of displaying sclpts:

Strongheart again.  I changed the position of the sword to be more active use rather than passive.  Shield position in this image is not going to be the final position, I just moved it to make working on it easier.

Bowmarc.  Started this one yesterday and got him to this point.  Still tons to do.

I don't know if I ever posted the images that showed where the inspiration for these figures comes from.  It occurred to me that there are probably lots of folks on here too young to remember the originals from the '80s. Or perhaps had just never encountered them previously.

Bowmarc D&D Action Figure

Strongheart D&D Action Figure

Cover for the D&D Coloring Book, featuring Strongheart

I also got a print of the Dwarf Pirate Captain that I posted previously.  Didn't like the proportions so I reworked them a bit.

Here is the rework compared to the original:

Head, hands, and feet are all bigger, and some of the details adjusted to print better.

That's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by.