Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:15:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689767
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 796
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bundeswehr Empress  (Read 1827 times)

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
Bundeswehr Empress
« on: May 25, 2019, 01:22:31 PM »
Hey there LAF.

I recently bought a few packs of Bundeswehr from Empress. I converted a few of them with field caps, masks, a bush hat as well as the older style Fritz helmets with foliage slings. The other figures are straight out of the pack and carry equipment from Panzerfaust 3's to G 36's and other weapons as one would find on today's Bundeswehr.

Do enjoy, feedback is welcome on any of the conversions. At the moment they got hastily primed. And converetd with greenstuff here and there.
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
Re: Bundeswehr Empress
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 01:24:00 PM »
And the prone Mg! Almost forgot him.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 01:53:52 PM »
Should these be out of the cold?

They are nice figures.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »
 lol I'll probs just do them in the regular Flecktarn with olive elements. I just like white as black eats up a lot of color.

But thank you!

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 12:17:55 PM »
lol I'll probs just do them in the regular Flecktarn with olive elements. I just like white as black eats up a lot of color.

But thank you!

I think he means that you've got the wrong board, that these would be better on the cold war or moderns board rather than futre wars. lol

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 12:44:59 PM »
I think he means that you've got the wrong board, that these would be better on the cold war or moderns board rather than futre wars. lol

OH! I wasn't sure and went with here as the Cold War board seemed to go till 2000. Can I rectify the issue or do I need to talk to a mod?

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 12:55:32 PM »
Okidoki, notified Westfalia Chris.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 01:06:40 PM »
Unless those are for Heeresreform 2050 ( by which time I guess we won't have a single vehicle left in running order ;)), topics like this should really go on the Moderns board. Post-1990 is subject to review, so please keep things civil and politics-free, folks.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 01:20:33 PM »
Unless those are for Heeresreform 2050 ( by which time I guess we won't have a single vehicle left in running order ;)), topics like this should really go on the Moderns board. Post-1990 is subject to review, so please keep things civil and politics-free, folks.

lol lol lol I was surprised to see so many vehicles in running order at the 'Tag der Bundeswehr' event. A nation defenseless on that day.

But thank you for moving the post!  :D

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 11:20:23 PM »
Off to a good start with these guys.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 04:08:46 AM »
I was looking at these figures to use as some Kurdish fighters. Though their Panzerfaust look a bit off to me. Maybe its how they're being carried, I can't place it - though I do find some of that sculptor's poses to be a tad strange or gorilla armed at times. It is nice to see Empress doing lines like this though, and a shame that so many Nations are unrepresented in this scale.

If you are looking to do more Germans I'd say maybe look at some of Under Fire Miniatures range. They're from the same sculptor and give you some older gear that's still in service if the Empress range doesn't cover everything. Footsore have a set of German Recce figures too with those bush hats too and the only company doing a 1/50th Boxer I've seen (not that I've been looking much:D), and well there's all of Eureka's range (though I'm not sure how their sculpts would hold up compared to Empress work these days).

I take it that with the mix of head gear these are either guys on a long deployment or some sort of special forces?

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 09:13:45 AM »
We are just about to release a head sprue with the older German helmets. May be of interest. ;)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 09:26:11 AM »
We are just about to release a head sprue with the older German helmets. May be of interest. ;)
Ooh yes please (admittedly I want them to convert the Under Fire Police - they have a better mix of MG3s than the Bundeswehr support set).

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 11:30:54 AM »
Off to a good start with these guys.

Thank you!

I was looking at these figures to use as some Kurdish fighters. Though their Panzerfaust look a bit off to me. Maybe its how they're being carried, I can't place it - though I do find some of that sculptor's poses to be a tad strange or gorilla armed at times. It is nice to see Empress doing lines like this though, and a shame that so many Nations are unrepresented in this scale.

If you are looking to do more Germans I'd say maybe look at some of Under Fire Miniatures range. They're from the same sculptor and give you some older gear that's still in service if the Empress range doesn't cover everything. Footsore have a set of German Recce figures too with those bush hats too and the only company doing a 1/50th Boxer I've seen (not that I've been looking much:D), and well there's all of Eureka's range (though I'm not sure how their sculpts would hold up compared to Empress work these days).

I take it that with the mix of head gear these are either guys on a long deployment or some sort of special forces?

I was thinking of using these as KSK, or Kommado Spezial Kräfte the mix of kit you see is indeed to invoke the feeling of a veteran or two on the team and maybe some personal acquisition of kit. I do have a book on Bundeswehr armaments and the Panzerfaust 3 is indeed a monster, seen it in action as well. I'll look for pictures.

Oh cool! Also cool to see the maufacturer on my thread, but that'll make things easier for coming conversions. For the one pictured I used a cloth covered helmet from some plastic WW2 figures. The bush hat is an Empress Indochina one with Greenstuff!  :D

Cheers guys!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 01:28:00 PM »
Neat! That will help with all the reserve troops still kicking around in the older helmets.