Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:29:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WSS Schellenberg 1704 with Honours of War  (Read 2797 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: WSS Schellenberg 1704 with Honours of War
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 06:59:44 AM »
A wonderful game indeed. Very exciting and easy game, with a historical result. Thanks Dinos...

I have to thank you, because you very eagerly accepted us to see this battle and it happened to both of us not to play it as antagonists, but to try to remain in its historical tracks and to enjoy it like an experiment in development.
Sorry for my delay posting, I spent some time to insert your closeup photos between mine, I think the final result offered a full visual report of how the battle evolved.
In our game I may consider that the Allies had a Pyrrhic victory as their losses were much more higher than the historical outcome.
Maybe we will replay it one more time, putting a turn limit (dusk coming) and giving the Franco-Bavarians to retreat from the Schellenberg plateau in order, or giving some slight chances to the commander of Donauwörth to realize the situation and try to send some reinforcements.
Just a thought.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline ArisK

• Bookworm
    • The Pear At War
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2019, 05:03:07 PM »
Ah, the old Schellenberg chestnut back on the fire!
Wonderful work chaps, even in 15mm it looks delightful. Seems HoW encourages historical play as well, quite neat.
Aris K.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2019, 07:34:18 PM »
Ah, the old Schellenberg chestnut back on the fire!
Wonderful work chaps, even in 15mm it looks delightful. Seems HoW encourages historical play as well, quite neat.
Aris K.

Schellenberg is an all times classic, I know how deeply you have studied this battle!
We wanted to see how it will develop in 15mm and with HoW rules it flowed smoothly, very close to the historical result.
Thank you for dropping by, pal!