Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686439
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 787
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Chain of Command First Play AAR  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Abwehrschlacht

• Mad Scientist
    • Storm of Steel Blog
Chain of Command First Play AAR
« on: May 28, 2019, 05:58:22 PM »
On Sunday we played our first game of Chain of Command, we really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to playing it again soon. Check out the full AAR on my blog here:

https://www.stormofsteelwargaming.com/2019/05/Chain-of-Command-AAR.html

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Chain of Command First Play AAR
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 09:26:59 AM »
Enjoyed reading your AAR. Nice  interesting layout with plenty of tactical cover. Your infantry combats seemed more brutal and decisive than some other CoC games I have read on here.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Abwehrschlacht

• Mad Scientist
    • Storm of Steel Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 04:40:48 PM »
Cheers buddy, I'm glad you enjoyed it. No guts, no glory and all that. I guess we were trying out most of the main rules so it felt right to do a couple of assaults when the opportunity arose. Maybe I was mis-playing the rules somewhere slightly, but another game will see if we were!

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 11:31:40 PM »
Bit hard to tell with the assaults in an AAR - usually. unless your opponent is pinned or severely damaged before your assault, it is a Pyrrhic victory  lol

Offline dan97526

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 11:04:37 PM »
Did you encounter any difficulty using multi-figure bases? I've wanted to try CoC but everything I have is based for Crossfire (mostly 3 figures on a 30mm-square base).

Thanks!

Offline TacticalPainter

• Mad Scientist
    • The Tactical Painter
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 11:19:27 PM »
I went to CoC from Crossfire and started using my three figs to a base Crossfire miniatures. It works just fine in my opinion, you just need to find a convenient way to track casualties. Unfortunately not all platoons or squads are divisible by three, so I made up some individually based figures to make up odd numbers and to use as ‘loose change’. That worked very well. As I found CoC was becoming my key set of WWII rules as I built new platoons I based the figures individually and even rebased some Crossfire figures to single bases. I still play the odd game of Crossfire so I still have a few companies of miniatures on multiple bases, but no reason why you can’t use these for CoC.