Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:58:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690578
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warlords new Korean range  (Read 12681 times)

Offline Iceaxe

• Bookworm
Re: Warlords new Korean range
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 05:49:51 AM »
SLRs - another source is Eureka. I know they did SLRs for a friend to convert Warlord's Commandos to Wild Geese, so it means an email to Nic to ask if the mold is still there, or even if there's a box of leftovers. There may even have been other weapons as well - you can but ask.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 06:39:54 AM »
 If you have yours hear set on converting instead of waiting for the Vietnam ANZACs from Empress, TAG makes seperat batches of FAL's.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 10:06:53 AM »
Those Wargames Factory AKs don't really hold up today. The profile of the early WGF weapons was really thick. They're something which Warlord could easily make themselves to be fair. Its a pity that the later Project Z sets, whilst having AKs, went for modernised ones (which isn't a problem - they were the only plastic source for red dots out there).

Crooked Dice have a set of AKs suitable for Warlord's proportions. Regardless, Warlord seem to be one of the few companies out there willing to put together weapons sprues - presumably due to recasting concerns. If they were to do a sprue of 1960s-70s weapons it would certainly be useful for so many settings. :)

(Just a pity that they won't)

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2019, 08:18:37 AM »
I've seen the Centurion on one of their emails recently but hadn't noticed the M*A*S*H unit.... lol  ;)
Brilliant.
I'm hoping they do Henry Blake as well as Sherman Potter, and Trapper as well as BJ, but since it looks like Frank Burns and Charles Emerson Winchester III are both present I assume they have.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 08:40:51 AM »
Those Wargames Factory AKs don't really hold up today. The profile of the early WGF weapons was really thick. They're something which Warlord could easily make themselves to be fair. Its a pity that the later Project Z sets, whilst having AKs, went for modernised ones (which isn't a problem - they were the only plastic source for red dots out there).

Crooked Dice have a set of AKs suitable for Warlord's proportions. Regardless, Warlord seem to be one of the few companies out there willing to put together weapons sprues - presumably due to recasting concerns. If they were to do a sprue of 1960s-70s weapons it would certainly be useful for so many settings. :)

(Just a pity that they won't)

Au contraire. The WF AKs are quite slim and well proportioned. They actually look like AKs. The CD ones are quite cartoony and poorly rendered if the photos on their website are any guide.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 08:53:04 AM by carlos marighela »
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2019, 12:05:55 PM »
As a release date been mentioned for these figures?
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2019, 12:42:11 PM »
Au contraire. The WF AKs are quite slim and well proportioned. They actually look like AKs. The CD ones are quite cartoony and poorly rendered if the photos on their website are any guide.

Not across all their kits. The Survivors ones have handguards which are 3 times the width of the barrels. Thickness seems to vary between individual weapons however. For instance much of their WWII weaponry is fairly thing barring the DP-27 which has oddly thick furniture.

Which is the confusing thing. The furniture's what's thick, not the barrels. Like they were working from secondhand images of the real weapons. So despite other companies weapons being grossly large in comparison, those at least have consistent proportions across the whole weapon (or at least its the barrel which is larger, which I'd accept as its more likely to break off).

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2019, 07:48:14 PM »
Liking the MASH set that comes with it!  lol
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2019, 07:49:02 PM »
It looks like the preorders for the Korean War range starts on Friday.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2019, 08:25:22 PM »
Yep, I got my late war Yanks ready to go. Now need the book and the  North Koreans and Chinese Volenteer's.

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2019, 09:08:47 PM »
I am hoping this is the start of Warlord's venture into modern warfare.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2019, 10:16:16 PM »
I am hoping this is the start of Warlord's venture into modern warfare.

Whilst, on balance, it can’t be a bad thing having another player in the field, I’m not holding my breath. Much of their stuff is poorly researched and their resin vehicles are all over the shop quality wise, from fair/indifferent to just bloody awful. Their figures suffer the same faults, especially the metal ones.

You just know that they won’t be investing in plastic tooling anytime soon for such a niche market, which largely removes one of the few positive aspects they bring to the table. I’d also wager that they will stick to 1/56 for their vehicles, so they can maximise use of current items and differentiate themselves from the competition.

I’m happy enough that they are doing the Brits in tropical kit, it saves me work for some proxies but overall the rest of what they have shown is really uninspiring.

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2019, 10:30:17 PM »
I know it's personal preferences and all that jazz, but 1/56 scale vehicles just don't look right to me (cue the hate mail)

I am however hoping for an official Bolt Action Modern rule-set. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 10:54:31 PM by Lord Raglan »

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2019, 10:47:03 PM »
The MASH unit looks ropey,

Is that Statler from the Muppet show on the top row?

I certainly agree with Carlos, but we shall see.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2019, 10:59:04 AM »
Yeah the new close ups of the Mash unit, doesn't do them any favors. Still hopeing that they haven't @$#!ed up the Chinese and N. Koreans.