Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:15:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689526
  • Total Topics: 118283
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Gamma Wolves : A Game of Post-Apocalyptic Mecha Warfare  (Read 4121 times)

Offline rokarege

• Assistant
Gamma Wolves : A Game of Post-Apocalyptic Mecha Warfare
« on: June 05, 2019, 08:55:33 AM »
New mech game from Ash Barker (Guerrilla Miniature Games) coming in 2020.

A fast-playing game of mecha skirmish combat in the post-apocalyptic ruins of Earth.

In the blasted, radiation-scorched, wastelands of the Earth's surface, towering mecha do battle, defending the interests of one of the few remaining arcology governments, providing security for wilderness outposts, or seeking out loot and supplies as a mercenary company. With detailed rules for designing and customizing your mecha, from size and propulsion type to payload and pilot skills, and a campaign system that allows pilots to gain experience and skills as they patrol the shattered Earth, Gamma Wolves is a fast-playing game of post-apocalyptic mecha warfare.

First look batrep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-dplllaFEU

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
Re: Gamma Wolves : A Game of Post-Apocalyptic Mecha Warfare
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 03:47:02 PM »
Whoa, whoa, that go-pro camera work was making me queasy!

Looks cool.  I always love open ended game sets that encourage you to use your own models, but I agree with some of the comments that mech combat usually works best at small scales.  I need a new game like a hole in the head but might give this a try.  I've got quite a few mechs I could throw on a board from other games.

Offline mkultra99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 04:06:34 PM »
Well.. the models look great with the terrain. But uhh.. is it me or was that a very static engagement? Besides the little guy running around, it didn't really seem like there was that much maneuver going on. Maybe an issue of base size/number of elements/small table size? I dunno, but it seemed like a lot of turns went by and not a lot of maneuvering happened.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 05:40:58 PM »
Looked nice, but I too was getting sea sick with the camera work.
Not liking the fiddly 'racks' & markers in them. I think I will pass on this one.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 06:11:17 PM »
The rules are out now. Does anyone have them yet?

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 03:37:10 PM »
There is also a page through and another bat rep the GMG YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGb3BAavFJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiRjFKprTfg

Flip Through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHJ4uuLPLNo 
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 07:22:20 PM »
I've played with Ash before (not this game). He knows his miniatures games, and I love Last Days. I'll be giving this one a try

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 07:26:43 PM »
Looked nice, but I too was getting sea sick with the camera work.

I'd love to be able to watch his videos but the camera work and the speed at which they play their games put me off. Its like watching a batrep while on a rollercoaster

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 08:07:14 PM »
I'd love to be able to watch his videos but the camera work and the speed at which they play their games put me off. Its like watching a batrep while on a rollercoaster

it doesn't feel that fast when you're playing there  ;)

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2021, 09:23:06 PM »

I'm actually a fan of the "always moving camera".  It keeps me from falling asleep as most video batreps are like watching paint dry.

I have this on my "To Buy" list.  I think I will change the scale around a lot though to work with my collection of models.

Offline Warboss Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 05:00:41 PM »
A friend found Gamma Wolves for our gaming group and I’m already hooked. Great to play with all those lovely mechs from Dust, 40k, Konflikt 47, you name it. So far the rules sound easy and fun enough yet with lots of depth and a nice campaign system.

I‘m actually glad for the videos. As it’s a new system there is little content online and I can watch (or at least listen) while modelling and painting.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 05:09:24 PM »
Is anyone aware of any mech minis in ~20mm scale? I've got a table I'm putting together at that scale for Gaslands, Zona Alfa, and Last Days. I'd be tempted to pick this book up if there are mechs that also fit a close scale and can run on this same table.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 05:26:35 PM »
it doesn't feel that fast when you're playing there  ;)

He edits them to keep the view time down and some of the edits can be a bit abrupt. I am sure that he has metrics from YouTube that tell him what his optimal viewing length is and he aims for that.

I like him but he is clearly aiming his videos towards a specific demographic to maximize his views etc but I just can't watch the videos.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 05:28:21 PM »
I'm actually a fan of the "always moving camera".  It keeps me from falling asleep as most video batreps are like watching paint dry.

That is a problem with the content and the presenter and not the camera. There are a lot of people that do static cameras but they also have multiple static cameras and know how to present the game.

Offline Hermann

• Student
Re: Gamma Wolves : A Game of Post-Apocalyptic Mecha Warfare/ ~20mm Mechs
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2021, 12:06:37 PM »
Hello,

for ~20 mm mechs the Reaper Black Bones IMF Bulldog is my first choice. Close hatch for 20 mm + 28 mm, 28 mm pilot head included, 20 mm PSC tank commanders will fit also. Reaper offers small robos and toolbots. All black bones stuff.
   Big mechs, warhammer 40k , there are some mechs. A different paint job for the "wright" modell will do. Infinty, maybe Warmachine, Void had mechs, still aviable.
 Reviresco Starguard have big Robos for ~20mm. They are nice.
   The battletech mechs are nice, but mostly to small for ~20 mm pilots.

For my skirmish games, 3 mechs + 30 soldiers per side, small and medium mechs are big enough. Real heavys are out of that kind of game.

Yours, Hermann