Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:19:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689762
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Plastic Figures  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Oldboy

• Librarian
Plastic Figures
« on: June 06, 2019, 02:44:20 PM »
Ladies and Gents. I will be moving to Italy later in the year, my house is in a village in the south. There the summers are very hot and the winters freezing with up to a metre of snow. Can anyone advise whether these extremes will have an adverse effect on plastic figures. Obviously mine will be indoors at a fairly constant temperature. On the announcement of plastic Napoleonic Austrian cavalry from the Perry's I am very tempted to take over some boxes to while away the winter.
All help gratefully received
Regards
Frank

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: Plastic Figures
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 07:50:47 PM »
Unless you leave the figures in direct sun, then you should be ok. I used to live in Canberra, (42 degrees was not unusual in summer, and -8 overnights in winter) - and the plastic of kits was unaffected unless left in direct Australian sun. (Which is way more intense than anything in Europe.)
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Oldboy

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 06:10:25 AM »
Thank you. I was sure that was the case but I am aware that plastic figures can deteriorate over time. I will now press ahead with a plastic army.

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 11:09:17 AM »
Quite a few of my older soft plastic figures have gone brittle with age, but I don't think it is anything to do with extremes of temperature. The plasticiser slowly evaporates over time.
Not noticed the issue with rigid plastic stuff (or metal of course).

Offline pws

• Scientist
    • Pippoweb hobby blog
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 08:23:43 AM »
Ladies and Gents. I will be moving to Italy later in the year, my house is in a village in the south. There the summers are very hot and the winters freezing with up to a metre of snow. Can anyone advise whether these extremes will have an adverse effect on plastic figures. Obviously mine will be indoors at a fairly constant temperature. On the announcement of plastic Napoleonic Austrian cavalry from the Perry's I am very tempted to take over some boxes to while away the winter.
All help gratefully received
Regards
Frank

I live in central Italy never heard none talking about it... except the few fools who sometimes forgot them in a car under the sun in july/august... well this is definitely dangerous even for petwer/lead lol
Per aspera ad astra
pippoweb.blogspot.it

Offline Oldboy

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 05:23:03 PM »
Great thank you to all of you. F