Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:31:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685082
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Book of War - a review of sorts  (Read 492 times)

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Book of War - a review of sorts
« on: March 22, 2020, 10:18:00 AM »
I've got a burst of enthusiasm for "square-based" games after hitting on the idea of huge games of Hordes of the Things using individual miniatures as elements (I call it MicroHotT, but it should perhaps be MacroHotT, as we're playing games with 60 or 70 AP a side and aiming for bigger games still). But I always like to get as much use out of any set of miniatures as possible. So I've been looking at other rulesets too (we'll be trying out Fantasy Warriors and Oathmark when that comes out). One, which I'd bought a while back but never played, is Delta's Book of War, a simple wargame that's designed to translate D&D stats with perfect fidelity.

We played it earlier in the week, and I've posted a first-impressions sort of review here. I really enjoyed the game, and we'll be playing a lot more of it. I'd say it's well worth a look if you want a nice, stripped-down wargaming experience with the opportunity to add infinite variety by easily statting up beasties from the Monster Manual or similar.