Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:39:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Losing interest in a period or in gaming?  (Read 2469 times)

Offline cahrn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
Re: Losing interest in a period or in gaming?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 12:08:45 AM »
I've given away or otherwise got rid of models for a few games I lost interest in. I gave away all of my 40k stuff to a friend when I realized I hadn't played in over 10 years and really had no use for the miniatures. Similarly, when I stopped playing Warmachine during Mk3 I sold the smaller of my two armies to a friend who still very much enjoyed the game. In both cases I looked at it more as giving one of my friends something they would actually enjoy, rather than letting it sit unused in a drawer. These days I keep a couple different army or warband sized projects going at a given time to keep things fresh and try to avoid burnout. So far I feel like it works well and helps me keep interested and motivated in the hobby.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 04:00:00 AM »
I am sure that many others have also experienced a loss in interest in a period or in gaming. For those who have, how have you dealt with it, besides selling everything off? Have you kept certain books or figures, just in case?

I just sell everything off and then buy back what I might be newly interested in, sell that off, and repeat. It’s a great way to piss my money away!
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2019, 09:22:48 PM »
I just sell everything off and then buy back what I might be newly interested in, sell that off, and repeat. It’s a great way to piss my money away!

I was telling the missus you do that all the time! You're never one for the 'dip the toe' approach, you're more like a 'balls out, dive-bombing into the deep end' kind of guy.

Hail to you sir, hail to you.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2019, 09:53:43 PM »

I’ve painted different figures from different periods just because I liked the minis at some point. As I lose interest, I sell them. I seldom sell figures from what I call "my own collection".

Even though I can lose interest in a period, I find out, with time, that I always come back at some point… when it happen, I’m always glad I didn’t sell them.

My collection is relatively small, or rather, I still have the place to store all those different minis so that’s not a problem… so far ::)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2019, 11:58:22 AM »
It happened to me, until I realized that this is a hobby not a job. Once I got relaxed, I started to enjoying my hobby once again.