Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:21:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Painted space stations - two dozen of them  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Painted space stations - two dozen of them
« on: June 07, 2019, 08:41:11 PM »
Well, that was a decent week's work.  Finished two dozen more space stations from the modular Dropfleet Commander kit, as well as assembling two larger and quite insanely complicated builds that are still awaiting paint.  This uses up the last of my hubs and main sections (although I do have a lot of other spare parts left) and puts the grand total at eight boxes worth built.  Allowing for designs I've duplicated for people on commission over the last few years, I've gotten about 90 total models out of all that.  Image gallery on my blog's been updated with many more photos of all the new stuff: 

https://brokenstarsburningships.blogspot.com/2017/07/dropfleet-commander-space-sation-builds.html

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
Re: Painted space stations - two dozen of them
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 07:26:48 AM »
Niiiice! I have a host of them pending, want to build some docking gantry types like your below examples too. Such a great kit, doubtless spares for random spaceship kitbashes too.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 01:44:26 PM »
Niiiice! I have a host of them pending, want to build some docking gantry types like your below examples too. Such a great kit, doubtless spares for random spaceship kitbashes too.

The Resistance fleet's due out very soon, and looks to be an almost equally modular kits that will probably mesh with at least some of these parts too.  Think they estimated that with all the variations in the cruiser box alone you could do something like ten billion unique builds.  Needless to say, I'm pretty enthused by the prospect.

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 04:36:20 PM »
Those look amazing!  :o

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 06:04:37 PM »
"The scouts 'ave come in from the hill sir.  They report space stations, bloody dozens of 'em."

-Excerpt from dispatches, Battle of Dorke's Rift, 3120 CST.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 06:13:30 PM »

Lovely collection, you can never have enough stations!

-Excerpt from dispatches, Battle of Dorke's Rift, 3120 CST.

lol
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 06:55:55 PM »

Lovely collection, you can never have enough stations!

lol

Ironically, I've sold almost all of the older ones.  The current crop's mostly headed for ebay, although I need to find some boxes for everything first.  I made the classic mistake of building things without considering how I could actually ship them.  :)