Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 01, 2020, 10:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Trireme fleet (in being)  (Read 2014 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: Trireme fleet (in being)
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 04:17:13 PM »
That is certainly the best one yet.

I think you should try making the deck section from textured plastic card and then add the curved putty sections to it.
If you make the deck as a " T " with a strip of plain plastic acting as a keel you will be able to keep everything the same width and height.

Offline valerio81

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2020, 09:35:32 AM »
Many thanks Rob for the great idea! I am now using a "tool" to measure up and obtaining same lenght (more or less).

This in the picture is what I aim as final product. The base will be integral to the ships, as Irregular minis does.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2020, 02:52:46 AM »
Looking good, and a nice suggestion Rob.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline valerio81

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 05:00:05 PM »
Long time no post! I am very happy to post the very first complete prototype. This is how it should look like. I am now able to sculpt 3 ships in a single session, all reasonably decent and coherent in size and style: therefore I tought it was time to start putting it all together.

It was more difficult than I tought, of course, and naturally new issues came out - the base warped during cooking, just to mention one..why?!? Super sculpey is not meant to.. anyway.

Very happy about the sea, looks moving and not-billiard-table-like, but not too agitated (they wouldn't sail in it, would they?). On the other hand, I haven't figured out how to sculpt the ships' foam trail yet. I also decided to combat my obsessive complusion and cancel the epotis. It's too small!! Hope no one (else) notices or cares.

Happy for your comments!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2020, 09:03:45 AM »
Nice - what's the dimension of the base? And the epotis isn't missed - though you could cut a triangle of plasticard, etc.

Offline valerio81

• Assistant
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2020, 10:12:19 AM »
The base is 7x4cm. I cannot use plasticard, as the final prototype will be moulded and cast in metal...