Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:33:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New paint range, including mystery ink characteristic  (Read 1581 times)

Offline tom q vaxy

• Librarian
Re: New paint range, including mystery ink characteristic
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 04:53:34 PM »
sounds like someone's Nocturna dream to me . . . .

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 04:56:50 PM »
the less than stellar English does not instil much confidence I must say.  :-I
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 05:30:45 PM »
Scale75 also spanish producer? very matt acrylics etc,

Sounds very similar..

but both existing manufacturers so... - wish them luck with it.

"Paint author"?

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 06:15:08 PM »
It says the paint's being produced in the UK by a famous manufacturer. It's a pity they didn't get them to write the copy, though, come to think of it, I would quite like to see vibrating ink, if only from a safe distance.

Speaking of Scale 75, however, I've had an email saying my pre-order for their Artist Smooth Acrylic range is about to be shipped. Unfortunately due to being financially squeezed when the pledge was due I had to downgrade my early bird 'I want it all' pledge with the luxury case and mediums to a 'pick your own' mix of ten (or maybe twelve tubes).

Cuttlefish Colors seem to be on track to deliver their pledges from next month, in case anyone's interested.

I'm still intrigued by this new range, though. Naturally I've asked myself," Do I really need another range of paints?" and equally naturally answered, "What does need have to do with it?

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 05:24:10 PM »
Just in case anyone was on the fence about this range, the creator has just introduced a second Earlybird round, which means, aside from slightly lower prices, that the KS exclusive highlander figure is now available again at no extra cost - but only for the next 23 hours. Your inks will still vibrate, as far as I know.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 04:48:17 PM »
sounds like someone's Nocturna dream to me . . . .

How so?
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 04:51:25 PM »
the less than stellar English does not instil much confidence I must say.  :-I

What's that got to do with it. It's a paint range, not a wargame rulebook....

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 09:21:56 PM »
What's that got to do with it. It's a paint range, not a wargame rulebook....
If you don't take the effort to have your fully English Kickstarter proofread by a native speaker (not me, that's for sure!) that to me casts doubts on the dedication to quality of other aspects of the project.

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 11:26:17 PM »
I cannot speak about this particular product, but I've purchased a couple of minis from them before and it all went smooth. It could be due to to being based on the same region, but I also know of people from other countries getting stuff from them and didn't hear any complains about the company itself.
About the translation, I have to say YPU made a valid point, but it's an issue that unfortunately affects many non-native small companies. Anyway, I agree, these details speak of your whole bussiness to some extent.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 05:14:58 PM »
If you don't take the effort to have your fully English Kickstarter proofread by a native speaker (not me, that's for sure!) that to me casts doubts on the dedication to quality of other aspects of the project.

Thanks for clarifying that. If that is a hang up for you, I get it. If I followed that rubric then there would be tons of things I'd never buy, because there are so many English speakers with crap spelling or grammar as is, let alone non-English speakers trying their best. My hang up is dropper bottle paints. I won't use them if I have better choices.