Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:11:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Terminator Salvation  (Read 8399 times)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Re: Terminator Salvation
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
Before seeing Star Wars I (the reboot series) I had the idea that as long as you were nerd enough for a setting, you couldn't go wrong even if the plot wasn't cosmic.

Boy did I learn a lesson!

But still - my expectations for this new series was not anything akin to James Cameron times.. in fact it was explosions and action.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline The Somnambulist

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 09:27:58 AM »
Saw this last week and must admit I really enjoyed it. Its no Terminator 1 or 2 but definitely worth a look.
I go to pieces so fast that people get hit by the shrapnel.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 08:10:41 PM »
Instead I enjoy my films at home, I have a big enough screen and surround sound and I am quite happy with that. When this latest Terminator film is £4.99 (this time next year if not before) I will get it and have a watch, if it's good I'll keep it, if not I'll pass it on. Giving it away is still less costly than going to see it at the cinema with modern dvd prices after all.

I know I'm curmudgeonly but it works for me :D

Likewise. The problem becomes storage after a while though ;) .
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Whiskyrat

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 02:00:08 AM »
I saw the film tonight and enjoyed it a lot more than T2.

There are a couple of times in the film where they signpost a future plot twist way too early - but it was worth the ticket price for the new characters, the action sequences and the gaming ideas.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 11:43:23 AM »
Strange.

I have actually still not seen the movie but I've started to do minis for it....

No matter what it's like I think the idea of a "war-style" movie with robots is cool. The concept is anyway.

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »
went to see this last night

and I have to say that they had a good story and it was action packed, which sort of got in the way of the good story in places, and took away the really neat sequences that were there.

It was a bit strange really the action sequences were really loud and I felt quite worn out at the end of it.

So I did enjoy it but was just left with that feeling that it could have been done better really,

definately not like some of those reviews I read. And the machines were very cool indeed.  :D

dodge

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 07:15:50 PM »
went to see this last night

and I have to say that they had a good story and it was action packed, which sort of got in the way of the good story in places, and took away the really neat sequences that were there.

It was a bit strange really the action sequences were really loud and I felt quite worn out at the end of it.

So I did enjoy it but was just left with that feeling that it could have been done better really,

definately not like some of those reviews I read. And the machines were very cool indeed.  :D

dodge

Sounds like the DVD will be on my Christmas list, then. I have to take my son to see Transformers soon  :(  so it looks like I will run out of time to see TS at the cinema.