Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:06:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691076
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Indians by Perry  (Read 5093 times)

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Indians by Perry
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 01:26:59 PM »
.... or the Queen's Own Madras Sappers and Miners.

Speaking as an ex-Sapper, that would be a very good choice if that is what they turn out to be!
There are very few specific Sapper figures available for Colonial gaming, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
You can, of course use basic infantry figures as proxies, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

speaking for sappers and miners, there are 2 packs of Eureka miniatures, one with sikh and the other of punjabi pioneers.Never seen them, so I cannot tell how they looke like or whether they are useful or not.Propably they will not fit with Copplestones, but as I said I do not more.

http://eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=87_126_139&sort=3a
argsilverson

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 02:38:06 PM »
speaking for sappers and miners, there are 2 packs of Eureka miniatures, one with sikh and the other of punjabi pioneers.Never seen them, so I cannot tell how they looke like or whether they are useful or not.Propably they will not fit with Copplestones, but as I said I do not more.

I have some Eureka Naval gunners, which fit in quite well alongside both Perry Naval Brigade and Copplestone Sikh figures, so hopefully the Sikh and Punjabi Pioneers should work ok with them too.

I might well get some of the Pioneers as they would fill in well for Sappers. Thanks for the reminder  :)

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
I have a few of the Eureka pioneers/sappers.  Unfortunately, I found them to be quite tiny compared to figures from other companies.  They would probably size up nicely with the old Rafm or Ral Partha figs, but look quite out of place next to Copplestone, Brigade or other 28mm figures.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 06:35:46 AM »

Speaking as an ex-Sapper, that would be a very good choice if that is what they turn out to be!
There are very few specific Sapper figures available for Colonial gaming, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
You can, of course use basic infantry figures as proxies, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

I have them. They are rubbish and should be taken off Eureka's catalogue.

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 07:32:39 AM »
I suspect that the lower set of Perry figures are meant to be Bombay troops, the gaiters are the tip off, these tended to be a distinction worn in both dress and field service uniform. If these are meant to be Madrassi Sappers and Miners, then they've made a real hash of  the Madrassi shako. Then again they seem like pretty poor representations of any style of kullah I'm familiar with.

Anyway they are a great improvement on the Redoubt range, which for some bizarre reason depicted all the Bombay contingent in zouave jackets.

The Eureka pioneers are indeed very poor, one of their rare misfires but as there isn't much else out there...
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 08:57:52 AM »
And indeed acording to the new listings on the Perry Website it seems I was correct. :D

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 09:24:43 AM »

I have them. They are rubbish and should be taken off Eureka's catalogue.

Sorry, Hammers, I misssed your post. Thanks for the tip-off, I probably won't buy any.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Perrys release some Sapper/Pioneer figures.