Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:09:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689656
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Die Hard Minis Villain Squad  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
Die Hard Minis Villain Squad
« on: June 14, 2019, 01:07:18 AM »
So in a rare turn of events I actually finished some more miniatures, apologies in advance for the photos the lighting isn't great. So as the topic says these are the villain squad from Die Hard Miniatures, though I've added at least small conversions to each of them.

I only added the the cable attached to the head for this guy to make the skull look more like a cybernetic upgrade, I think the original is supposed to be a skull faced mutant.

This guy had a pretty weedy little sabre I didn't like so I gave him a primaris marine sword complete with oversized hand which I turned into a powerglove.

The cultist type dude is pretty much stock except the cable I added.

This guy had the most converting done. The stock figure is pretty much a not-Mean Machine from Judge Dredd which I wasn't keen on. I gave him a new head courtesy of a GW zombie and added a cybernetic jaw and replaced his stump with a gun arm.

The chaos marine type guy I just swapped his mutant cyclops head for a PuppetsWar one and gave him a mohawk. Might have gone a bit overboard with the blood but he is wielding a chainsword as a melee weapon...  ;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:45:48 PM by Cait Sidhe »

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
Re: Die Hard Minis Villain Squad
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 06:44:02 AM »
Nice bright painting, cool little conversions to make them yours, whats not to like :)

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 10:22:21 AM »
These are lovely - great minis, fab conversions and very cool paintjobs.  :)

I'd never heard of Diehard minis before but a look through their catalogue has made me drool a bit. Bit on the expensive side, but then they are VERY cool... very tempted by some of their sci-fi stuff, and I've never wanted Slann before, but now...?  lol

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 12:04:28 PM »
Well, I am pretty disappointed that this isn't about a series of miniatures for the villains from the Die Hard movie as I originally thought when reading the thread title! Tiny metal Hans Gruber does not approve  :P

That being said, I never knew about this manufacturer and they certainly look interesting, especially the Skeletor guy with his golden skull  :-*

Offline Cosmotiger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 03:45:57 PM »
Nice work. I particularly like the gold skull techno-wizard looking guy.

DieHard miniatures should be paying you for advertising! I hadn't heard of them either, and now I'm checking out their site.

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 06:19:33 PM »
Very nice minis! I think you got the blood splatter just right on your marine guy. Same as everyone else, I've never heard of them, but I'm very tempted.

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 11:17:25 AM »
Cheers folks, I was gonna title the thread "Die Hard Villains" but decided that might end up disappointing people but seems it still did  ;D. Yeah Die Hard Miniatures is the sculptor Tim Prow's own company. They're relatively new, only having a web store since the end of last year, but they were building up the range through Kickstarter prior to that. They still have a bunch of models from their Kickstarters that aren't in the store yet.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 11:22:38 AM »
Very cool  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 01:20:03 PM »
Well, I am pretty disappointed that this isn't about a series of miniatures for the villains from the Die Hard movie as I originally thought when reading the thread title! Tiny metal Hans Gruber does not approve  :P

Yes, I was expecting a mini Bruce Willis too.