Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:57:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686610
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 724
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hail Caear - Small Battle Rules?  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Wellington

• Scientist
Hail Caear - Small Battle Rules?
« on: June 15, 2019, 09:05:54 PM »
Hello!

We are thinking about  playing with "1 Division" armies with around 150 points to make it easier to play during painting a new army. For some armies ist a little bit tricky to build an army from the list available.

For Fog are these Mini Fog rules for playing with 400 points. Some limits are lower than in a full 800 point army.

I wounder if anybody has some house rules für HC with around 150 points?

Cheers

Wellington
A life without Samurai is possible, but not desirable!

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
Re: Hail Caear - Small Battle Rules?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 06:12:38 AM »

With so few points involved, you would indeed be only playing with a single division.

To be honest - I'd just stick with the basic rules. I've played perfectly fine with one Vs one division, and the game runs just as smoothly. I've done Carthage VS Republican Rome - and We kept everything the same, where skirmishers are ignored if destroyed for broken divisions.  Ultimately, the game is much faster and quick, but it still turns out to be a fun game.

I also suggest trying the game without points at small sizes.  It can still be as fun

Finally - if you want to just do a fight to the death, that might be better than the over 50% break rule - just so all units can be involved in the game
cheers!

Offline mkultra99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 03:23:04 PM »
Isn't there a "skirmish" version in one of he Hail Caesar books?

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 07:35:02 PM »
For a smaller game I’d ignore some of the army list restrictions if they get in the way. If you are aiming to build larger armies, then ultimately people will be getting units that fit the army lists.
You may want to field two small divisions a side, rather than 1 large one.

The other option is to field units with fewer figures - using sabot bases - so you can field more units for the same amount of painting.

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 10:03:53 AM »
Why not just play with smaller units? Hail Caesar doesn't care how many figures are in a unit.