Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:41:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Norse Village Builder series  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
[COMMERCIAL] Norse Village Builder series
« on: October 22, 2020, 03:47:20 PM »
I am planning to make a couple of PDF buildings for the dark age setting, specifically the Norse region. Inspired by Viking/Saxon architecture I have 3 buildings designed so far. I have attached a little design sketch on the direction I am taking.

I have released the first building: the A-frame house. This small building comes in a couple of skin options and optional decoration bits. It goes together very easy and fast, so you should be able to have a small settlement with unique looking buildings on your table in now time!

Check out the DELUXE edition with all options for customization or get the preconfigured Basic editions (Viking, Saxon) for just print/build & go.

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Norse Village Builder series
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 05:42:32 PM »
Here are a couple of preview pics of some test builds for the next house in the series.

This house will come in similar skins/texture options as the first one, so you can build compatible buildings for a larger settlement. There is also a porch entrance option. I addition I will create a stone foundation piece to highlight an important building, like the chieftains house!

Although it looks quite complete I need to work on some details before I can start to release it, but it shouldn't take that long anymore  :)

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 01:18:56 PM »
Some WIP on the interior options for the second building. Besides the interior walls I made a floor tile with many options. Here you can see them all (sleeping rugs, fireplace) but you can turn them off too. Could be a plain dirt or floorboard version too.

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 05:02:54 PM »
In the meantime I have completed the undersides of the roof parts. At least for the extruding parts it's nice to not have white shining through when you crouch at the table and check LOS!

Offline bc99

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 05:10:35 AM »
These are super nice will you do a KS?

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 06:44:47 AM »
They will be out soon, so no. Also it is my understanding that you cannot make a KS with a finished product. I might do one next year with another design I am working on.

Offline Belisarius

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Yahoo groups Ulster Wargames Society
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 01:57:19 PM »
I think they are excellent. I’d be tempted to add some balsa or other wooden bits , matchsticks ect to customise them . Cardboard shields on the walls , perhaps. Very useful for Dark Age games.

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 04:01:38 PM »
I also love to "upgrade" papermodels with these kind of details. The shields are optional to print so you can add your own ones if you like without challenges.

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 07:05:58 PM »
Hi guys, I have released the next set in this series!

You can get the DELUXE edition (customize via PDF layers) here and the BASIC editions (preconfigured for no-layer-support PDF readers) here. More info and pics on my site.

Hope you'll enjoy building this set as much as I did designing it!  :D Now on to the next. The chieftains long hall is waiting to be done!!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 07:11:26 PM by Papierschnitzel »