Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:50:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone ordered from Qart Hadasht Miniaturas in Spain?  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
Anyone ordered from Qart Hadasht Miniaturas in Spain?
« on: June 27, 2019, 01:35:25 PM »
Qart Hadasht Miniaturas
https://qhminis.com/index.php

I know they're a new company and probably still working out any kinks. I sent them a message asking about figure size comparison but have received no response. Has anyone ordered and received figures from them?

Thanks

Chuck

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
Re: Anyone ordered from Qart Hadasht Miniaturas in Spain?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 04:11:35 PM »
I'll keep an eye on this. I'd be interested to see how they compare to other ranges myself.
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline Gungadin

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 04:42:15 PM »
Qart Hadasht Miniaturas
https://qhminis.com/index.php

I know they're a new company and probably still working out any kinks. I sent them a message asking about figure size comparison but have received no response. Has anyone ordered and received figures from them?

Thanks

Chuck

Same here - I used their contact facility on the web site with a couple of questions - and lots of compliments - but nothing ever came back!

Offline Gungadin

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 04:43:00 PM »
It is a well kept secret!!!!

Offline emosbur

• Mad Scientist
    • A COVA DO TRASNO
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 08:48:00 PM »
They are active in this spanish forum:

http://laarmada.net/profesionales/lejercito-espanol-en-la-guerra-de-independencia-americana-28mm/msg508260/?topicseen#new

The message was posted yesterday.

IŽll post you query in the forum.

Milo.

Offline Curassier

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 09:26:15 PM »
Slight digression but I think the Perry twins may well be planning a Spanish expedition in their AWI range.
Worth encouraging them.....
and if Brigade games and the redoubtable Mr Hicks are a comprehensive as their AWI range promises to be maybe we will see some Spanish from them too.
JM

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 04:47:23 AM »
I recently worked on my four regiment Spanish brigade for the AWI, Galvez's grenadiers, a couple of line regiments, and a regiment of militia - and, of course, the commander will be none other than Bernardo Galvez.  Just need to wash and prime and then off to the painting table.  They are closely associated with my three brigades of French infantry for the AWI - plus artillery and command.  The two units of French cavalry are already partly painted: Lauzan's hussars and St. Simon's dragoons.   Spanish in 15 mm are out there already!

Offline Gungadin

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 10:00:45 AM »
Slight digression but I think the Perry twins may well be planning a Spanish expedition in their AWI range.
Worth encouraging them.....
and if Brigade games and the redoubtable Mr Hicks are a comprehensive as their AWI range promises to be maybe we will see some Spanish from them too.
JM

Aha - now THAT would be something - What would lead you to believe that if I may ask?
Agreed that there may be some hope with Brigade Games - it is just such a pity that there is so much other stuff to get through first! Part of that other stuff is likely to be Hessians in gaiters so from a purely personal preference and point of view it is not all bad!

Offline Curassier

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 01:14:21 PM »
Yes the Spanish are very much the after-thought for AWI ranges - though I would like to be able to do some more nautical themes for the wider conflict. I have been pushing the Perrys at regular intervals and shall we just say that they may not be imminent , but it sounds as though there is a good possibility of them being done.
JM

Offline Gungadin

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 12:06:38 PM »
Just a word of caution, or perhaps a plea for help, or just a plain cry for attention if the manufacturer ever visits these pages - QH Miniaturas does not seem very keen on selling their products! After this exchange and perhaps against my better judgement I put in a modest order (some 54 Euros) for some of the Yo Solo range over the company's website, paying with paypal.

I was a bit surprised that the options on the website were very limited when setting up an account - they seem to divide the world into 3 - US, UK and Spain - but that I suppose could be for currency reasons. Anyway - just over three weeks ago I sent in my order.

There was a bit of a kerfuffle with paypal over the payment - they informed me that is was held back for additional checking - I assume because of the consonance of the name - but it was quite quickly approved and confirmed - although somewhat ominously paypal said that the recipient might have to open a paypal account.

And since then nothing. I have tried contacting them on their website and by email to the address given. Nothing.

Emosbur I saw your kind message on that Spanish forum mentioning my earlier question - and thank you. My Spanish alas is too passive for me to engage on that forum directly - although if I hear nothing from them reasonably soon I shall try to struggle through with it, before pushing the paypal blast button and looking for a return of payment.

It is a great pity because the figures look good and something I have been looking for for years.

I wonder why compagnies do things like this - I just do not see the point.

So if anyone else is interested - I suggest you establish contact before ordering and certainly before paying anything.

Has any one else had any experience now with this company

Regards

Chris

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 12:17:43 PM »
I know one of the owners and let's say that when I learnt who was behind the company, I decided to wait until the Perrys expand their AWI range with the Spanish Army.

Chris

To be fair, it is quite probable that your order is held back because of vacations. Many businesses here close in August. It is possible that your order is being prepared.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 12:20:14 PM by Antonio J Carrasco »

Offline Gungadin

• Assistant
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 12:46:29 PM »
Thank you very much for your input Antonio it is much appreciated. i did think of the vacation thing but still.
I shall probably hold on another fortnight and then pull the plug via paypal - and then join you in waiting on the Perrys!

Such is life.

Thanks again.

Chris