Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:13:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690930
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11  (Read 93733 times)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Starship dungeon exterior hull updates 10/24
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2019, 10:15:08 PM »
Very Nice Ship Indeed!  :-*

Nice write up!

Your miner reminded me of this guy

An Old Citadel Traveller OOP.

Isn't sad I can't remember to take out the garbage, but I can remember something like this  ;D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 10:39:48 PM by War Monkey »
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #181 on: October 25, 2019, 03:41:19 PM »
I can appreciate having a very selective memory like that, Monkey. I can remember details about movies years after watching them, and I can ask my wife about a main character fifteen minutes after watching a movie and she is always says "I don't think I've seen that movie." lol

I have six buildings to whip into shape for the next 5 Parsecs game. I also need to glue the roads down for the town tiles. I think Ockman had some city park type terrain pieces, and I've amassed a nice collection of some aquarium plants to give me nice bright flora around the city. So hopefully I'll get a handful of planters/parks also put together for the next game.

A preview of the Eat What is Given diner:

The tables are free standing so they may also show up in the star ships as part of a galley setup. Not sure yet. I need to make little place settings for them, which should be interesting.

I also made a few "downed/dead" markers for my games. I'm trying to do less tipping over of figures. Just drop a placeholder for them and call it a day. I think I would like to make them... chunkier. The other tokens are my stun and contact tokens. 

I mostly post the tokens to say that I spent a few bucks on a bag of MDF discs that will likely last me a lifetime. There is no need to buy commercially made tokens for games. I can understand commercially made terrain, even if I don't care for it myself, but tokens? Nah, man, just make that stuff for pennies on the dollar and use your money for something better.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2019, 06:48:24 PM »
Made some good progress for the upcoming game weekend. Here are some random bits before I dive into the meat of the weekend's work:

Terrain Tiles for Forbear town are done! Everything is glued and sealed.

I also got the command console for the Barely Legal (it isn't a miner anymore), rogue dropship, done.

And now she goes back into mothballs until the next time she is called for.

Lastly, a point of interest (POI) in development for future games. Just a random bank of computer consoles, etc. This is still in development.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- random project updates 10/28
« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2019, 03:28:43 PM »
A lot of great work! love the console  :-* in the ship.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- random project updates 10/28
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2019, 04:23:10 PM »
A lot of great work! love the console  :-* in the ship.

Thanks, man. Super easy build. Just PVC foam sheet and some burnishing tools.

Today's update is for the residential units in Forbear. Planters have been... uh... planted!

Ok, so the four current residential units are variations on each other. This is angled front/square back:

Square front/square back:

Angle front/angle back:

And a look at the rear of AFAB:

All plants were made by chopping up aquarium plants. The pink bits took quite a bit of chopping to turn them into grass, but I think it worked well. I still have quite a bit leftover so I'm planning some terrain updates for other flora pieces to incorporate some little grass clumps. Bug Yellow flowers were just the tip of a much larger aquarium plant which I will probably use in my post apocalypse setting because the leaves scale better there.

So, if you are keeping track, the upcoming game basically has six terrain pieces that will feature. The four residential buildings (one of them has no planters, which is why you didn't see it), the EWIG, and then the big point of interest will be a monument that I'm in the process of scratch building. I'd call it 40% done, which means I really gotta get cracking on that one. If I have time, I'd also like to get a couple vehicles scratch built for the streets. Might be a rough job, but if I can get them ready enough they will show up on the board. 

More tomorrow.

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- updates to residential buildings 10/29
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2019, 05:34:13 PM »
Nice work Cook.
You have quite a collection, by now
Keep it up

Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2019, 07:58:14 PM »
That looks great, I like the pink plants!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2019, 08:30:38 PM »
Thanks, all. These little bits are really bringing things to life. I haven't put the town together and dressed it up yet, so I am excited to do that. The first time I put my wilderness boards together with all the plants and stuff, I thought "Oh, yeah, that looks good!" I'm imagining the city will be a similar feeling.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2019, 03:03:01 AM »
Those buildings are very nice!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2019, 06:41:11 PM »
Well, let's see where to start...

First, some sculpting updates:

Mr. Tentacles now has armticles!

I feel like he is doing the Don Corleone hand gesture lol

I feel like I need to fix the lower body some. I don't want him to be too Jabba, but a bit more, something.

Mr. Tentacles associate:

Need to touch up the cable connection on the gun and pack, and work out the legtacles a bit more. Sorry for the blurry pic. Hopefully you get the gist.

Another random person. Not sure where this character will fall just yet. Right arm is garbage. I'll fix that in post production lol

As some small bit of proof that I do actually paint figures on occasion, I present the start of a new gang:

This is Pernicious Snark (on the right). He is a low level gang leader, trying to get his piece of the pie. On his left is Bastion, his right hand man.

Incidentally, that is the updated look of the EWIG tables too.

This group, currently a bit glossy from some wash, are Snark's muscle. He won these combat droids in a high stakes gambling game. The thing with combat droids is that the more rusty and beat up they look, the more likely they are to be very deadly. Despite the age and wear, they have survived to execute their programming over and over.

Snark where he is most comfortable, behind the Rust Line. His favorite catch phrase is "You sure you want to cross that line?" while pointing at the eager combat droids.

This crew may feature in this weekend's game if opponents show up. Snark has been sent to set up shop in Forbear and see if he can shake down the local store owners for some "protection money." He will feature in a 5P: Gang Warfare storyline that I am already crafting in my head. So, if he pops in, it will be under the guise of a brief layover as he scouts out the local turf. If the game rolls up two sets of opponents, I may have Pink Pat show up to provide some resistance to the new gang moving in. Could be a threeway game if the gods of the dice play it that way.

EDIT:

Almost forgot. This is the EWIG refrigerator unit. Snark is a big boy, so the two things don't scale great together, but it fits in the EWIG, so that will be the cooktop and refrigerator finished! Next would be the prep line and sink. Oh... and some office furniture.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 06:44:30 PM by CookAndrewB »

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- sculpt updates and some painted figures 10/30
« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2019, 11:04:23 PM »
Nice work all around, the sculps and the paint work are all great, nice gang building up there and I see you have done some work on your tables as well.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #191 on: October 31, 2019, 06:33:35 AM »
It's a great set of stuff you are producing, love the interior and that isometric video game feeling that your terrain emulates so well!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #192 on: November 04, 2019, 10:07:48 PM »
Thanks guys. Have some fun stuff to show this week, but I'm going to start with a couple updates on some WIP items.

First up is some sculpts in the process of getting painted up.

HAM suit:

Mining equipment will all be orange/yellow... safety colors. I doubt that drill arm would pass some kind of OSHA safety inspection.  lol

Base is epoxy sculpted to be "asteroid like." I think it turned out pretty well. I'll probably hit this mini one more time with some detail items and then it will be ready for the table.

Next is my (what turned into) "not a bounty hunter working for Jabba." Only... he is really working for "not Jabba."  lol

As with the HAM suit, I'm down to some details and this one will be in the drawer waiting for a game.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Painted sculpts update 11/4
« Reply #193 on: November 04, 2019, 10:18:35 PM »
That suit...  :-* :-* :-*

Very "Big Daddy"!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Painted sculpts update 11/4
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2019, 02:43:39 PM »
Yeah, that suit turned out well. The proportions are a bit off on the green guy, but as an alien it doesn't bother me. Not human, just humanoid.

Some terrain updates for today:

The EWIG building is coming along. Fridge is in, cook top is painted up a bit (needs "greased up"), tables have some place mats. Next up will be the process of adding some little plates, skillets, pots, etc to the kitchen and tables. I also want to put in a serving line on the office side of the kitchen. It will probably have a similar depth to the fridge and just add some character in terms of making it feel like a kitchen (I hope).

Updated power conduits and junction boxes. I think I'll probably grunge them up a bit and give them some water streaks from runoff dripping down the box. I want them to look mostly lived in, not apocalyptic. It's mining town stuff, not post nuclear war. I'm sure there is a somewhat subtle difference there.

Next are the new furniture pieces for the homes. These are all large consoles/armoire type items. I'll do some dressers and such in the next round.

All of the furniture pieces are PVC foam mounted on plastic card from an old credit card I cut up.