Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:46:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11  (Read 93779 times)

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Space bugs painted 12/10
« Reply #255 on: December 11, 2019, 06:33:43 AM »
Those are all looking ace!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Space bugs painted 12/10
« Reply #256 on: December 11, 2019, 06:43:49 PM »
Today's update is just a little progress on some buildings without playable interiors.

I have decided that this building will become an intergalactic travel agency. I just need to go grab some suitable posters and build a little luggage conveyor belt/luggage scanner thing. Also, I'm going to repaint the flagstones to match the yellow I ultimately chose to go with.

An update to the second A-frame building. I've decided that these will get used from time to time in order to mix some height into the game board for snipers, etc. Since the total footprint on this is 2x4" (base, not building) the interior playable space would be inconsequential.

Need to finish windows and some other color blocking, but mostly this is ready to roll.

This particular building will also double as some advertising space. The two block areas on the upper wall will get some ad posters soon.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- non-interior building updates 12/11
« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2019, 03:37:35 PM »
Having extra building that will not really be in use, I think makes the gaming table look full and not so sparse, they help fill in the background areas.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- non-interior building updates 12/11
« Reply #258 on: December 12, 2019, 04:18:22 PM »
True enough, Monkey.

Today's update is a random jumble of some things I've been working on. I have a holiday party tomorrow (break out the ugly Christmas sweaters!) so chances are good that this is the last update for the week.

I have completed the initial bridge setup for the OFP.

The area to the left will be a walkway, so I'll probably get some deck plating cut up and glued down in the near future.

Making some progress on the observation deck. Windows are painted and starting to pick out details in the flooring.

Looking at Mr T. standing in front of the window, I feel like this room could also have an evil "emperor's throne" type of insert with space behind him? Could be a fun doodad to make one day down the road.

Some additional scatter terrain for the spaceport/starships. Again, this will allow some height changes in the table and block LOS. Next up I need to make some landing beacons and other starport scatter, since the starport will ultimately just be a flat tile. I need a way to dress it up to look like something.

Lastly, I wanted an objective marker of sorts for use with my expanded Gobbler aliens. I had somewhat intended for there to be a Gobbler themed Thanksgiving game, but I don't know who has time to game with all the other stuff going on. Anyway, at some point soon I'm planning to run a game to eliminate a Gobbler nest so this is the WIP on that nest:

Well, that's it for me for the week. Some additional work on Saturday and hopefully a game come Sunday, then a short week next week as well.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- odds and ends updates 12/12
« Reply #259 on: December 12, 2019, 04:41:09 PM »
Oh, I see Breakfast!

Nice work! Your projects are coming along nicely!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #260 on: December 12, 2019, 05:00:41 PM »
Oh, I see Breakfast!

Nice work! Your projects are coming along nicely!

90% of the "hard part" is done. The big builds are done and now I'm mostly just going back and doing little updates here and there. That is ultimately where I wanted to be with all of my gaming is to be done with the heavy lifting and spend 2020 with very clearly defined projects to complete each 1-2 weeks. An objective here, some terrain there, 1-2 figures sculpted or painted, and so forth. A nice steady production stream will be easy to manage and having 20+ new/improved projects completed in a year won't be half bad!

For my post apoc gaming I made a Bingo sheet. I may go back and do the same for my sci-fi gaming to help me focus on some items I want to do in 2020. I'll post it here once I have that done.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2019, 04:17:53 AM »
Oh, I have only started to build and paint, I hope to have a handful or ships soon, I will have to wait on the terrain until we after we find a new house, I then hope to build a modular terrain table like this.

https://irishserb.blogspot.com/2018/06/finding-new-home-life-and-death-in.html

Plus a nice city board to roll along with it.

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2019, 07:59:58 AM »
Hope you settle soon , then. WM. ;)

That's a great table ( but only to have in my dreams, it's almost as big as my home haha).

Thanks for sharing.

Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #263 on: December 16, 2019, 07:41:23 AM »
I think your work is terrific, Cook!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #264 on: December 16, 2019, 02:29:21 PM »
Irishserb lives near me. Well, 45 minutes or so away. Life has been a complete whirlwind lately, but I am hoping to convince him to meet up for a game on his big beautiful table this year lol. I, myself, have the space for something like that, but part of what makes my gaming time workable is that I can do it while hanging out with my wife. My biggest floor space options for a giant gaming setup would be the attic, and I'm not thinking the wife would be keen on that. So, smaller setups on the dining room table work wonderfully for me.

Most of my hobby efforts were gaming based this weekend. A little sculpting just trying to wrap wire dollies in epoxy to build a base, and a little touch up work on some things. I'll get a game write up done later today, I'm hoping. At least the first part.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #265 on: December 16, 2019, 08:06:01 PM »
Slowly working through my newest battle report; starting on post 247, Page 25 https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/post_apoc_wargames/viewtopic.php?p=97510#p97510

For the weekend's game, the crew was operating out of the lower left four tiles:

Using the 5 Parsecs rule set (Salvage Team), the game was a Contract with four Points of Interest (POI) and three salvage markers. If the team clears the game, the payoff should be darn good. Here is the overall game map:

As you can see, this portion of the town is largely focused on transportation and shipping.

There were no conditions for this game, but there was a notable site. If the crew could secure safe passage for this stranded person, they would gain 1 story point, which can be used to try and influence some unfavorable outcomes. That makes them pretty useful. Here is the stranded individual standing outside of the travel agency office. That was a random dice roll that put him there. Maybe he forgot his wallet?

The other interesting thing that the gods of dice managed to pull off was that 4 out of 7 POI/Salvage markers were in the lower right hand tile. Most notably the crew was looking to meet with the engineer who could crack the obtained nav data and give the crew a location to set out for so they could retrieve the item for Snark's boss. Here we can see the Engineer and whatever he is working on (also a POI).

The first two rounds kicked off with a gun battle, but the crew made short work of Pink Pat's thugs thanks to Vaq's handy hand flamer which has an area of effect. Play by play details can be found in the link above. Tomorrow I'll try to get some more game turns posted. This game lasted Eight total turns and the action never slowed down after the first gun battle.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Batrep part 1, 12/16
« Reply #266 on: December 17, 2019, 10:04:37 PM »
The rest of the battle report is up. Page 25, post 248 and 250: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/post_apoc_wargames/last-one-out-of-eden-lock-the-gate-15mm-sci-fi-t6176-s240.html

As always, some highlights:
In the big final showdown, Pink Pat and one henchman (another four dispatched straight away in turn 1) were blocking the way to the Engineer:

"It is I, Pink Pat! Now hand over the nav data and there will be no more bloodshed this day! Surely you can see that your pathetic crew has been bested at every turn by my seemingly endless gang of oddly clone-like henchmen! We know what you are thinking before you think it! I know you will order a celebratory Bloomin Grunion when this is done... if you live!"

Bucket considered that fact. He did intend to order Bloomin Grunion! He brushed it off as a lucky guess, since the EWIG didn't seem to have other food choices. "Pink Pat, you have no authority here. The Engineer comes with us. Your ambush has been foiled, and your clever use of a bomb shaped droid to deliver a bomb was not that clever. I mean, you tricked Mel. Have you met Mel? You shouldn't be so proud."

Pink Pat sneered "Last cha..." She never got the words out before being engulfed in flame.

Vaq, the one man band, steps in and drains the fuel tank on Pink and her henchman. "Boring... Did not listen. Stop talking now." He fiddled with his flamer fuel gauge for a moment while Bucket stared in disbelief at the burning corpses. "Think we could stop at the fuel depot on the way to grab lunch? I'm running a bit low."

Vaq, and his trusty hand flamer, managed a total of 7 kills in one mission. Yikes.

The Engineer is secured and agrees to help further the team's mission by making some adjustments to the Trou back at his shop. He just needs a ride.

The crew, all of their loot, and two new unexpected passengers make for a tight fit. Oh... and the pieces of Mel that they could pick up.

The wrap up nuts and bolts:
The Contract was worth 3 credits, the salvage retrieved was worth 4 more. Two of the four POIs ended up being more salvage, and so the total haul was 9 credits. The crew was on their last 4 credits before the mission started, so this is a good score.

Mel's wounds ended up being crippling, and his days of adventure on the Trou are finished. As a tribute to Mel, his figure is now being demilitarized and will spend the rest of his days as a civilian. More to follow on the Mel conversion and exploits.

The character event was for Ant. Though he played no part in the action for the day, he became risk averse. The same thing that happened to Bucket a couple games ago; also on a "bomb droid" POI. It seems that the galactic roadside bombings are having a rather profound effect on the group.

Campaign event was that the ship needed repairs. This just so happened to tie into the idea that the ship still needs its transporter system installed AND now the new sensor suite to track the OFP in route. The rules of the repair cost were that three crew members would roll against their tech skill. Anyone who rolled over the target would reduce the repair cost by three. Initial estimate was 9 credits (everything they had just earned), and so some tech success by the crew would result in saving some of the winnings. Bubba and Super succeeded in their rolls saving the crew 6 credits. Ant missed his roll and so the overall cost was 3. Not too bad. To be fair, Super and Bubba are the only two crew that have a tech modifier. Everyone else needed a pure roll. Bubba is +3 and Super is +1. Bubba, before rising to captain for a couple games, was the ship's engineer so it makes sense that he could save some money by taking a DIY approach.

Crew activities were as follows:
-Decaf trades and gets an instruction booklet worth 1XP. He gives it to Ant.

-Ant trades and gets a loot roll. That roll turns up a Private Data Capsule. The impact of this is to hand it to the owner and the crew will automatically get two back to back contracts (good money). This can be stored for a later date, and so it will be.

-Bubba goes out site seeing and uncovers some illicit data. He was able to turn this into a new lead.

-Super also goes out site seeing and learns that the space port is once again under quarantine and so no more sites can be seen this turn. Short bugs are being exterminated as the result of discovery of these pests during the mission.

-Vaq goes training and earns 1XP.

- Bucket goes looking for leads and doesn't find any.

At this point, the crew rolls up new contracts based on the number of collected leads, and scores two successes. This means the next game will be another contract and the crew is fronted a d6 worth of credits. This brings in 4 extra credits for the crew.   They decide to pay their debt down. So at the start of the next game turn the crew has a 16 credit debt and 10 credits spending money.

Because of the holidays, the next game day will be the 4th of January. Then I'm going to move to monthly games in this genre. So the next game day I would like to have the medical center completed, the Engineer's workshop building done, and I think that will be about it. 3 weeks to make that magic happen.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Batrep part 2 and wrap up, 12/17
« Reply #267 on: December 18, 2019, 05:47:08 AM »
Nice write up, sorry about Mel and his injury, and having to go civilian, maybe he could start a diner and he could call it "Mel's Diner" and give EWIG a run for the credits.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #268 on: December 18, 2019, 09:10:00 AM »
Great AAR, a lovely read!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #269 on: December 19, 2019, 06:50:57 PM »
Nice write up, sorry about Mel and his injury, and having to go civilian, maybe he could start a diner and he could call it "Mel's Diner" and give EWIG a run for the credits.

I like that idea, actually. I'll need more landmark buildings in the coming months, and I think it is fair to give Mel his own eatery. Maybe I'll set it up more like a food truck with lots of outside seating.

Glad you liked it, Ock. Hope you get some peace and quiet in front of a painting/gaming table this holiday season. I am looking forward to getting some more sculpting and building done over the holidays.