Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:43:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690331
  • Total Topics: 118326
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11  (Read 93245 times)

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Small ship (Ockman's Peregrine) painted 9/29
« Reply #705 on: October 01, 2021, 02:56:09 PM »
Think that's your best so far, although I like the mining tug quite a bit too.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #706 on: October 01, 2021, 06:12:20 PM »
This one is really cool!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #707 on: October 01, 2021, 09:07:41 PM »
Some really nice work with that ship there! Can't wait to how you're going to paint this one!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #708 on: October 01, 2021, 10:14:16 PM »
Well, the original Trou was green and white. I'll probably stay with that because it is familiar. I did some more work on the cockpit area today, but that will have to wait for next week. Right now I'm more interested in showing what I'm calling the Ockman Aggressor. Still a WIP, but I like how it is coming along so far.

Off to print up the Mining Tug, and then spend the rest of the weekend printing more hull sections. Next week I want to start printing some of the larger hull items like the hangar and maybe the large bridge.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #709 on: October 04, 2021, 08:17:35 PM »
I feel like every frontier town needs a couple of scrappy young kids to cause mischief. Enter T'Mee (left) and Soo-Z (right):

T'Mee's parents moved to Bakwotter to open a general store, and Soo-Z's parents are homesteaders looking to cultivate a delightful fungus garden and live off the land.

Right now they are the only two students at the Bakwotter Learnatorium. Now if only the town could entice an educator to come and lead the class.

In the meantime, these two will probably skip school and prank unwitting townsfolk.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- New sculpts, mischievous children 10/4
« Reply #710 on: October 04, 2021, 09:54:52 PM »
Love these two new characters!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #711 on: October 05, 2021, 02:03:28 AM »
Those look great! You can have a whole set of Sci-fi "Little Rascals"! Who end up in getting into all kinds of trouble. You could tone it down to rocks and stick throwing along with eggs and Toilet Paper too! They can over hear rumors from seedy, shady  characters, that they in turn can tell your crew.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #712 on: October 05, 2021, 02:05:23 PM »
Those are good ideas, Monkey. A whole game where they need to sneak on to old man Xargax's farm to tip his Bovinoids and pilfer a freshly baked algae pie from the window ledge. Xargax and farm hands must identify the culprits and can either apprehend them or inform their parents. A stealth mission for the ages! 

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #713 on: October 05, 2021, 05:18:49 PM »
They can even have a Club House! Sneak out at night and yank the tent poles of some old prospector's tent while he's sleeping, just to grab a bag of his Fling-Bug Cookies. They can go into town and knock over a fruit stand as a diversion to snatch a couple bottles of Shwanga Sodas. They could even get the two main groups in town to go at each other by pulling pranks making it seem the other group did it!

Oh, yeah a lot can happen with those kids!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #714 on: October 06, 2021, 10:12:31 PM »
With so many races taking to the stars, and with the advancement of science and understanding, it was bound to happen. The Old Gods became less feared, and far from worshiped once the other races in the universe understood their powers. Cthulu, realizing that his time as a deity was drawing to a close, decided to reinvent himself. What does a being that was once worshipped as a dark god do in this enlightened era? Why, he forms a corporation and becomes the CEO. His business? Publishing the many fictional, and non-fictional works about himself, of course. There is still a lot of desire for ancient lore as a source of entertainment and knowledge across the many races.

With that in mind, I bring you today's sculpts. A tandem from Cthul-Inc. This is C'Steven regional salesman for Dagon Publications (a subsidiary of Cthul-Inc.) and his trusted pack mollusk C'Mule-u.

In his youth, C'Steven starred in some rather raunchy live-action Anime films, but after discovering a higher calling he cleaned up his act and got a job mopping up cultists who attempted to summon Elder Gods into small towns. His no-nonsense approach to entrail removal caught the eye of a lesser deity and he was promoted to sales.

Unfortunately, C'Steven lost a large shipment of Necronomicons bound for a populous hive world teetering on the brink of collapse. Executives at Cthul-Inc. saw this as a potential hotbed for converting followers, but the unrest was quelled weeks later when three Mormon missionaries managed to convince the entire planet to follow the fourth coming of Joseph Smith. After that C'Steven fell from grace and was given a distant sales route in a sparsely inhabited sector of the galaxy.

This sculpt, and the idea for him, came about from the Greywater Chronicles from Mister Frau Blucher https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=112967.150. In the last issue of his comic, there was a door-to-door missionary trying to convert people to his cult. It had a line that I found rather funny regarding the missionary trying to talk to another character about reading the Necronomicon. Thus, I knew I had to have a reason for one of my character to sell the Necronomicon! I just tried to picture a mass of tentacles crammed into a salesman's suit, carrying his display case for door to door sales. 

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- New sculpts, Salesman and his pack animal 10/6
« Reply #715 on: October 07, 2021, 08:39:12 PM »
I had some good inspiration for some new designs last night, but up first are the final models going to print this weekend.

The Trou:

Finished the cockpit and adjusted the intakes for the engines (above)

Reworked the engine nozzles and finished the rear deflector array (below)

After noodling around with this one for a while, I think I like it the way it is. At least as a base model for a system patrol fighter similar to the Viper from Battlestar Galactica.

I did think that this might call for a law enforcement version as well. I can see a light bar on the top, and maybe a souped-up pursuit engine design.

Honestly, the beauty of Ockman's design is that it really lends itself well to a number of small tweaks that deliver an entirely new feel. There is a lot to be said for a simple and solid design!

Next up will be the Heavy lifter "Mariusz P." Just getting started on that design today, so I should have something worth showing next week.

Along with the new ship design, I am converting the rail gun design from a turret to a capital ship design. In the smaller format, I felt like the complexity of the design was hard to paint up. By scaling it up I think it will look better. I'll have more to show on that front, tomorrow. I will snap some pictures that should explain the difference in weapon sizes and configurations.

Lastly, I've come up with an idea for some ground vehicles. I hope to have something to show for that idea in the coming weeks. For now, I'm still roughing out some designs. 

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #716 on: October 07, 2021, 11:11:33 PM »
That's quite some nice work Cook.

Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #717 on: October 08, 2021, 02:15:06 PM »
That's quite some nice work Cook.

Z

Thanks, man! I'm pretty sure I could spend 10 hours a day just designing things in TinkerCad. It is really enjoyable.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #718 on: October 08, 2021, 06:56:18 PM »
Your sculpts and paint work are great and the designs look really good too. yes I agree I too can spend 10 hrs. a day on TinkerCad! It can be very addictive.  lol

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #719 on: October 08, 2021, 07:44:26 PM »
That is really awesome designs, if I get some hobby time, I will build another spaceship. I've got the idea in my head!