Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:55:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689716
  • Total Topics: 118289
  • Online Today: 768
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11  (Read 93101 times)

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Law enforcement sculpts 1/21
« Reply #795 on: January 31, 2022, 04:57:24 PM »
I imagine any FDM tent would work just fine. FDM printers tend to need more space than most entry-level resin printers. The good news is that resin printers tend to be self-contained with lids built-in. Not quite as wide open as an FDM printer, which would probably be enticing for your kitties as the print bed is warm lol

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #796 on: January 31, 2022, 05:16:47 PM »
I imagine any FDM tent would work just fine. FDM printers tend to need more space than most entry-level resin printers. The good news is that resin printers tend to be self-contained with lids built-in. Not quite as wide open as an FDM printer, which would probably be enticing for your kitties as the print bed is warm lol

I think all the moving parts as things are being printed would be too much for them not to attack it! We have a couple of aggressive cats. Their motto "If it moves ATTACK! lol So yes, I will need a cabinet. However, it is funny watching them attack things. lol
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #797 on: February 28, 2022, 09:33:24 PM »
Lots of updates are inbound. I've been busy, but juggling lots of projects at the same time and so progress seems slow. That is until all of the projects hit completion at the same time. Then it seems like a bounty of productivity. I've hit one of those wonderful finish-line stages.

So, first up are a pair of Mining faction ground vehicles. Ever the pragmatists, MinCo uses self-driving vehicles sheerly out of contempt for their employees. MinCo realizes that the most untrustworthy assets in their organization are the people, and so they endeavor to remove them from as much decision-making as possible. Here we see a flatbed hauler and a crew transport.

MinCo also believes that people are their cheapest assets, and thus safety measures are relatively slack since they can always hire more workers. Barring enough willing help, they can simply enact a corporate draft. 

"Please hold on, the tram is about to start. MinCo is not responsible for loss or forceful rearrangement of body structures per employee contract Section A, subsection 11F. The application of bodily fluids to MinCo property, whether intentional or not, is strictly prohibited per the employee handbook, page 91,779,787, subparagraph 4332.11. Failure to obey company policies may result in food replicator rations being converted to cleaning supplies. Because MinCo cares, the eating of cleaning supplies is acceptable once clean up of bodily fluids has been completed. Waste not, want not, is a core value at MinCo. Should you be forcefully removed from the transport by local flora or fauna, your life insurance policy will payout at the end of a thorough investigation, assuming the investigator can determine it was not your intention to be eaten, disemboweled, colonized, impregnated, host a parasite, or be utilized for corporate espionage purposes. Since dead men can't confirm or deny these allegations, we request that you use your last bit of strength, effort, and bodily fluid to scribble your account of the events for any future investigations. Failure to sign this account will void any information provided. Please enjoy the ride."

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- some ground vehicles 2/28
« Reply #798 on: February 28, 2022, 10:30:15 PM »
Those came out really great!

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
    • Idle Doings of an Idle Doodler
« Reply #799 on: March 01, 2022, 11:23:33 AM »
Terrific work!

Corporations so mindful of efficiency and averse to waste - truly, the future is a wonderful place

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #800 on: March 01, 2022, 12:01:41 PM »
Minco is truly a model company. ;)
The hexed transport is a great idea Cook. Can be expanded into a train, troop transport, merchandise hauler etc.

Good job
Thanks for sharing
Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #801 on: March 01, 2022, 10:01:49 PM »
MinCo has evolved like I imagine most corporations will. If they don't care about employees because they are a couple of states over, or maybe across the sea, then how much harder is it for them to care when you are one of untold millions of employees? I mean, statistically, you might be important at a company with 100 employees, but your loss and the corresponding loss in production might be .000001% for a galactic corporation. Depending on how efficient you are at your role, it could even help the company if you were removed lol In the case of MinCo, it is probably best not to give them any ideas where that is concerned.

More finished product pics tomorrow!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #802 on: March 04, 2022, 07:59:06 PM »
I did some updating of the MinCo orbital drop mining camp terrain pieces. Mostly this was work to bring all of the company pieces closer to fitting together aesthetically. These pieces were very grey before, but have more of the MinCo orange and yellow now.

Toolshed:

Cozy berthing with shared beds:

The combined mess hall, shower, toilet facility with "recycling" capacity for organics. Don't ask why your glass of water with dinner is cloudy, or why the shower water smells like gravy. It is forbidden by the company HR manual anyway. This ingenious building has an internal set of panels and sliding walls that allow the interior space to reconfigure at appointed times for the currently needed functionality. This has, of course, resulted in some untimely transitions which leave naked and soapy miners standing in the middle of the serving line, or slow eaters watching their food be mechanically smeared across a toilet seat. It is harder to say whether urinating in the showers is ever a result of bad timing or just bad manners.

And lastly the atmospheric conditioner. This device saves energy by converting just enough atmospheric conditions (toxic gas, lack of breathable atmospheric gases, and extreme temperatures) to make the work environment miserable. Corporate lawyers have determined that a miserable working environment is a defensible position in court, while it is more difficult to defend "lethal" working environments. Difficult, but not impossible. Still, MinCo HR has determined that the company would garner more empathy throughout the galaxy if they were to stand firmly on "miserable" as the guaranteed standard for all MinCo operations. Employees are reminded, during orientation, that it could always be worse and to use that upbeat attitude to find the motivation to work harder.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Orbital drop building updates 3/4
« Reply #803 on: March 05, 2022, 02:46:54 AM »
Nice mining buildings. However, I sleep alone thank you.  lol

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
    • Idle Doings of an Idle Doodler
« Reply #804 on: March 05, 2022, 11:31:26 AM »
Reminds me of university accommodation

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #805 on: March 05, 2022, 09:33:07 PM »
Another nice build, Cook.
Thanks for sharing.
Z

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #806 on: March 07, 2022, 09:42:47 AM »
Lovely work, friend!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #807 on: March 07, 2022, 03:28:58 PM »
Thanks, my fellow 15mm-friends!  :)

Today's completed project is the MinCo mobile landing pad. Seen here next to a standard starport pad, this MinCo pad simply replaces the driver with a bot.

Landing pads take a lot of abuse during takeoff and landing, loading, fuelling, etc. Not a lot you can do about that, so the pads always look a little beat up. Here we can see a MinCo C.A.R.T. shuttle next to an Ockman Class standard shuttle.

This mobile landing pad has the benefit of being able to land far away from a population center, and then simply drive into town. For larger ships, the engine blast can be very destructive, and trying to unload far from town can be inefficient. It is sometimes easier to pull the mobile pad right up to a loading dock and unload a dropship straight into a business awaiting goods. This is more practical in frontier towns where there is space to move large structures around.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #808 on: March 07, 2022, 06:13:27 PM »
Those look great! Could you post a photo of a figure on one, to get an idea of its size?

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #809 on: March 07, 2022, 06:19:22 PM »
Those look great! Could you post a photo of a figure on one, to get an idea of its size?

Yup. They are nominally 100x100mm.

The mobile base is meant to be the starting point for a number of mobile buildings. The landing platforms were the originals, but I'm also in the process of making a mobile restaurant as my next building. I had originally made the building without a playable interior, but have since created an interior with a roof.