Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:33:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11  (Read 92088 times)

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Terrain bits and bobs 10/10
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2019, 06:28:28 PM »
Next sculpt to get painted: Link the Chief of Security for my upcoming space station.

He is a bit on the big side, but what could be better than a large and imposing character for the Chief of Security?

To be fair, that human might be a bit on the short side as well. And, because every huge person needs a diminutive sidekick...

This little fella is still a WIP, obviously. I'm somewhat torn between giving him some kind of oversized hand cannon type weapon, or something more reasonable like a backpack mounted weapon (Predator-ish). Or maybe he is just a meter maid and he just gets a tablet for issuing tickets.

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Painted and WIP sculpts 10/22
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2019, 07:07:26 PM »
The small guy is nice.
You could do a press mould & use him as as base figure for
A horde of minions :D

Btw what is the black painted mini on the left
It looks good also
Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2019, 07:16:12 PM »
The small guy is nice.
You could do a press mould & use him as as base figure for
A horde of minions :D

Btw what is the black painted mini on the left
It looks good also
Z

He does kind of look like a minion.  lol Too bad I don't have the patience (or, let's be honest, the skill) to do squads of anything.  :?

The other figure? I'm not sure. Random 15mm figure I bought before I decided I could sculpt at this scale. He is getting painted up as part of an OPFOR team, or a miscellaneous background character. Eventually I'll be populating a town and a space station, so having a few extras painted up won't hurt matters.

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2019, 07:45:22 PM »
But you can ieasily learn . Simply get some of that blue stuff rubber used with hot water like that sold by green stuff world & do press moulds for GS etc

Pity you forgot where you got him, i quite like him.
Any feedback would be welcome, anyone?

Z

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2019, 07:58:09 PM »
That is some really great work I like the little guy you have there can't wait to see him finished.

That figure in the photos is from Splintered Light Miniatures, sci-fi section
The big guy in the middle

Link http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/armedspacecrew.html

They are some nice figures.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2019, 08:00:30 PM »
👍👍👍
Thanks Warmonkey, added to the long list of wants ;).

Z

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2019, 08:19:34 PM »
But you can ieasily learn . Simply get some of that blue stuff rubber used with hot water like that sold by green stuff world & do press moulds for GS etc

Pity you forgot where you got him, i quite like him.
Any feedback would be welcome, anyone?

Z

Thanks, War Monkey. Those all look familiar. I think most of them are on the table in about the same state of affairs as the guy I used for size comparisons. Primed and weapons painted. I think I got flesh tones on them all over the weekend as well. I don't really remember. I just tried to move the ball forward on all of my miniatures waiting for paint.  o_o

I get a bit cross eyed with painting until the colors are blocked in. Hard to have a distinct memory of what I touched and what is waiting to be painted.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2019, 11:21:33 PM »
You guys are welcome anything to help I'm very familiar with many 15mm Sci-Fi figures, sometimes I don't know if I'm gathering them for gaming or for collecting  lol Yes my lead mountain is so very high sometimes it block out the sun! 8)

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2019, 08:07:48 PM »
Well, Monkey, if you ever see another one of these you will know where it came from  lol

My "not" Big Daddy mining rig. I'm calling it the HAM suit (Heavy Asteroid Mining) for now. This should be finished and painted by the weekend.

The back of the legs and front lower legs already have some additional plating like the thighs to help further bulk the suit out. I didn't get a comparison shot but I'll bet it is 20-ish MM.

Making the huge drill bit was harder than I thought it would be  lol

I think the pose looks the best from this angle.

Next up is the non-carbonite frozen mastermind, Mr. Tentacles. He's going to end up a bit of a Jabba type character. A bit of a slug body with tentacle arms. The front wire is just a brace and will get chopped off.

This was the best comparison style shot I could get with his Carbonite self. I like that he has a bit of a smirk.

This guy started as a prototype for Mr. Tentacles. Like a weird space squid or something. I scrapped him as the Big T, but I'm going to keep him as part of the sinister entourage. So he is just Little T.

He will be holding some sort of alien beam weapon. A rifle, or perhaps a marksman's weapon.

Tomorrow some updated Space dungeon 2.0 additions, and hopefully Friday I'll get a write up for an after action report posted.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Even more sculpts 10/23
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2019, 10:26:12 PM »
That is some really nice work on the miner and the others as well, looking forward to you build, Thanks.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Even more sculpts 10/23
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2019, 01:43:20 PM »
Wait no more, Monkey!

Well... wait a sec while I post some updated paint on a couple storage containers  lol

This first one I don't think I've shown before. It was made by stacking wood beads on MDF. I didn't show it but this looks exactly like this all the way around. The end caps, the other side, everywhere. So I don't have to worry about placing it up against a wall.

This I've shown before but I did some paint chipping along the bottom edge. Little update, but worth showing off since this is something I've been playing with.

Ok, NOW the updated exterior hull.

The furthest right black piece is the end of the bridge section.

Starting to put airlocks on ship sections. Also trying my hand at some carved/embossed foam sections.

The big black rectangle in this shot is triple coated with black Gesso trying to build up enough material to hold a magnet. It... kinda works. The idea is that I could then build pieces that could magnetize to the hull as objective markers outside the ship. Hull breeches, explosives that need disarmed, weapons to power up, etc. Mostly just storytelling elements.

And here she is, in all her glory. Painted up for Game #6 of my 5 Parsecs campaign. I'll leave this here as a lead in for my battle report tomorrow. With no shuttle/docking bay, the crew has to take a space walk to get into the ship. That means Mel will be left behind to keep the Trou in position to retrieve the crew.

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Starship dungeon exterior hull updates 10/24
« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2019, 03:20:13 PM »
It's all really awesome.  I love all the little details!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2019, 03:58:11 PM »
It's all really awesome.  I love all the little details!

Thanks! Not sure if I mentioned it here, but I only did the port side with the idea that the starboard side could potentially get an entirely different set of details to help it stand out as a "different" ship. Curved accents instead of angular, etc. I'll have to see how that goes, but that is the plan at least. As such, each side of the bridge will probably get its own hull marking to differentiate the different ship configurations. If I can get the magnet thing working, I'll have further ways to alter the ship configurations. Red crosses for hospital ships, blah blah blah.

To date I have two bridge sections, two bridge sections, and an engine room complete. I have built a third bridge and a second engine room. That leaves a third engine room and a third midsection to build. Third midsection will be designed to allow for port/starboard expansion to allow the ships to expand. This will then require the design and building of side nacelles/pods.

Then comes the space station  :D

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2019, 04:19:21 PM »
I think the big daddy is one of your best work yet.
👍👍👍

Z

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2019, 09:05:14 PM »
New battle report is up https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/post_apoc_wargames/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6176&p=96826#p96826 Page 16.

Recap:

Mission rolled up as a hit and run (every turn has a chance to be the end, and to complete the contract every Point of Interest needs to be resolved), and a Notable Sight (automatic discovery roll post game).

Crew had to execute a space walk to get into this ship:

It was a pretty low risk maneuver as a tech challenge 2. Everyone succeeded so nobody got stuck outside or broke the door so it wouldn't work anymore.

No contacts in the midsection meant that Bubba and Super had a moment to contemplate some interesting dents on the outside of the ship:

This would be the "notable sight" for the mission and the discovery yielded a lead in post game.

Once inside the crew went about their work efficiently; aware that the clock was ticking and they needed to get paid. Bubba and Bucket up front, Super and Decaf to the rear, and Ant would hold the middle in case reinforcements were needed anywhere.

No contacts presented themselves in this mission. Bubba opened a locked door to access the first POI (a discovery). Bucket looked into the second POI which ended up as an environmental hazard. Stunned, but not wounded, he signaled the crew to retreat as the thermite bomb was melting its way through the hull and the ship was ticking towards depressurization. At the start of the next turn the hit & run tripped and the game ended. Contract cleared with both POI's discovered and no contacts to resolve.

Post game was very kind to the crew. Made a good bit of money, paid down some debt, still no new equipment. I'm pretty sure I've only found 2-3 gear items in five games. Two of those being items that have no use during an actual tabletop game.  :? Full details in the link at the top.