Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:55:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11  (Read 92081 times)

Offline Mister Frau Blucher

• Scientist
    • Swords Under Distant Suns
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- starships in 15mm and fleet scale 11/30
« Reply #765 on: December 08, 2021, 11:24:37 PM »
This project keeps reaching new heights! The modularity of the sections and how you can configure them into different ships is brilliant. That's cool that you're giving the designs away on thingiverse. Makes me wish for a printer.

The fighters from the evil empire are rather apropos!

The trio of sculptures look really nice, enhanced by your wonderful paintjobs.

Those small craft in the hangar right near the door-less toilets better not generate too much backblast when they take off!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #766 on: December 09, 2021, 01:39:49 PM »
Those small craft in the hangar right near the door-less toilets better not generate too much backblast when they take off!

Well, there is a slide-in door that fits in that doorway! Or, that could simply be the cleaning protocol. Remove the toilet seats and scour them with engine blast! Honestly, after cleaning toilets on a submarine with 150 crew members I would have welcomed a "kill it with fire" option  lol

Thanks for the kind words, friend!

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #767 on: December 09, 2021, 02:19:19 PM »
Totally awesome work, and making good use of your 3D printer! I just got one myself, so everything 3D printed and miniature related has my full attention  :D

And am I the only one who gets very strong Among Us vibes from these builds?  ;)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #768 on: December 09, 2021, 03:14:05 PM »
And am I the only one who gets very strong Among Us vibes from these builds?  ;)

I had never seen Among Us before. Looks fun. I don't get many opportunities to play video games these days. I definitely see it!

Well, I have a Thingiverse page where I'll be placing all of these files (a bit at a time) over the next year. So feel free to grab them for a test drive! Also, if there is anything particular that you are looking for, I'm always up for ideas. My current project is making a set of cars as an homage to the Marx Cars of the Future. That thread is in the post apoc forum as the cars seem to get most used for Fallout-style games. They would work well for sci-fi though.

What kind of printer did you get?

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #769 on: December 11, 2021, 02:35:16 PM »
Cheers.  :)

I just printed out a squad of grimdark infantry, and they came out very well indeed (check my Imperial Knight thread).

It's an Elegoo Mars 2 Pro and my experiences so far rate 5 stars all the way  8)

Now I'm looking to design some shapes of my own; just have to find the right program. I have some experience with Sketchup, but I don't think that'd be up to the task. What program are you using? Those curves look pretty good...

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #770 on: December 13, 2021, 02:10:26 PM »
I use Tinkercad. Curves can be tricky, but once you get the hang of how to make it work, I don't mind it. The program has a lot of intuitive tools to get things lined up so I'm never left wondering if things are crooked or off-center. The exactness of it suits the way I think. I don't have a lot of experience outside of that tool. At some point, I planned on looking into Make Human, or other more organic tools. But right now I'm happy designing terrain and vehicles so there is no immediate plan or rush to make that jump.

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #771 on: December 14, 2021, 06:30:10 AM »
Very nice car indeed
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #772 on: December 14, 2021, 02:57:54 PM »
Very nice car indeed

Thanks, Tom. I had planned to print some up for my 15mm gaming but I punched a hole in my resin reservoir last week and so I'm waiting for materials to get up and running again. I think this car translates very well to some kind of sci-fi hovercar.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #773 on: December 15, 2021, 04:13:16 PM »
I added a new faction for my fleet scale ships. MinCo is the heartless corporate entity engaged in mining rare minerals from the local asteroid belt. The two new ships, featured in their faction color yellow, are the Pickaxe (rear) and the Panning (front).

Minco ships have some distinguishable design elements that make them recognizable. First, they keep the hexagonal patterns found in their smaller ships like the Tug, Walrus, and Cart. Second, they have a forward projecting airlock that allows ships to dock with asteroid mining facilities. Third, they use a larger version of the stubby "can" style external engines also found on the smaller ships.

All ships shown can be constructed in 15mm scale for ship boarding actions, including the dual docking bays found on the Pickaxe. Asteroid mines, both in 15mm and fleet scale, are forthcoming.

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #774 on: December 26, 2021, 06:44:05 AM »
Andrew

What do you have next in your to-do projects?

Dan

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #775 on: December 26, 2021, 08:55:24 AM »
Very nice work Cook.
That oldsmobile like car is really good. Would be great for
a scifi gangster theme...  thanks for sharing the files.

If you want to try human/humanoid software you can try a superb software called Daz3d. It's free & has a plugin to export to blender. It also has a ton of extra 3d models though these are not free.

And let me take this opportunity to wish all you good people
Health, peace & plenty ( & lots of free hobby time :D :D :D)

Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #776 on: December 27, 2021, 03:20:48 PM »
Andrew

What do you have next in your to-do projects?

Dan

Well, I'm currently working on some new design elements for the mining corporation faction and my evil empire. For the Miners, this will include some pieces that will let me start building some space stations and/or mining colonies. This will include a station hub (200x200mm) which will feature some shops, restaurants, etc. It will also include some spiral arms which will act as cargo bays for docking ships exchanging goods, more berthing space, and larger shuttle bays. All of these pieces would be able to be plugged into a starship as well. So they will keep the 100mm or 200mm dimensions to match up with the standard door openings I currently have.

For the evil empire, I'm just working on some ship elements. A bridge, engine room, and their version of computer consoles or other shipboard equipment. The evil empire ship may end up being a purpose-built ship without intent to mix/match with other ship sections. Ultimately, it will just be a single ship sent by the evil empire to subjugate the locals. Think star destroyer in Star Wars. It won't be the largest ship, but it should rival anything I'm currently building. Since it will be purpose-built, I'm going to give it a bit more character as it won't be meant to stand in for any old generic cargo ship out there.

I got my copy of Farthest Star for xmas, and I am going to try and squeeze in some gaming in 2022. I'd like to complete a full campaign and get my new sculpts and terrain back on the table.

And, as always, I'm working my way through a handful of new sculpts. With a little more clarity about my factions and a mix of fleet scale and 15mm battles, I'm working to round out some of the factions so I have some variety in building some opposition forces.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #777 on: December 28, 2021, 04:01:38 AM »
Looking forward to your work.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #778 on: January 19, 2022, 04:40:04 PM »
I've had a number of sculpts on my table in various states of completion for a while. Painting starship terrain tiles has been taking up a hefty amount of my time, but I keep plugging away on sculpts as well. The two belong to my mining corporate faction.

First up is Feezt, a member of an amphibious alien species. He is equipped with power excavator gauntlets.

Next is Tubee, the manual laborer. Everyone assumes that he is a simpleton because he doesn't talk much and carries equipment about all day. What they don't know is that Tubee graduated at the top of his class in the merchant academy, and due to an administrative error he is still getting paid ship's officer pay for moving boxes. He also doesn't talk about that error.

And, the Mining crew so far.

The bridge for the mining ship is ready, and I should have some pictures of them all in their new home (the MinCo Explorator Ship - MES Pickaxe) shortly.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- New finished sculpts 1/19
« Reply #779 on: January 19, 2022, 09:23:57 PM »
Great looking crew! Looking forward to seeing more of them in the future.