Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:27:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11  (Read 92014 times)

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- New sculpt 5/2
« Reply #840 on: June 10, 2022, 09:50:55 PM »
Excellent.  I can’t wait to see what you post next.  :)

Dan

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- New sculpt 5/2
« Reply #841 on: August 02, 2022, 07:30:58 PM »
It has been a while since I've had an update. With some construction going on in/around the house, most of my hobby goods have been packed up or stored in an inconvenient place. So as construction winds down and I can pull out my goodies, I'll post some long overdue updates before I move on to the next phase of my project (planetside buildings with playable interiors).

My indigenous alien tribal village:

Since my last update, I've added this medicine man brewery and the enclosure wall with livestock watering trough (top left and bottom left, respectively):

I also printed out a number of metroids to play the role of livestock for my aliens.

And below is the chieftain's hut and a feeding trough:

This village's last couple of pieces will be a couple of agricultural areas and a couple of watch towers. That should about cover my needs for this portion of my world-building.

I have a few new sculpts in the works, but with the aforementioned construction those have been harder to work on. Next up, I need to finish up the actual planetside buildings of the town. I'm going to base these on the starship construction tiles, but they will also be designed with removable roof pieces. I'm hoping to get some designs worked up later in the week.

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Alien village updates 8/2
« Reply #842 on: August 02, 2022, 09:00:57 PM »
Good job Cook  :D :D :D.
Even if you think they are not good for casting, they are unique.
And you are a good word smith also.Have you ever thought of  compiling your write ups in a single doc?

Thanks for sharing
Keep it up.
Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #843 on: August 03, 2022, 06:13:18 AM »
Cook

Those look amazing!!!

I’ve also looked at the film Planet 51 for inspiration.  Their concept art is awesome too:

http://www.g-bonamy.com/portfolio/planet-51/

Dan
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 06:18:48 AM by Cacique Caribe »

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #844 on: August 03, 2022, 02:07:50 PM »
Even if you think they are not good for casting, they are unique.

These are all 3d prints, so there is no need to cast them when you can just print more! The first was a free file from Thingiverse, and the other three were digital kitbashes that I did to create a bit of variety. The enclosures and feeding/watering are also some digital kitbashes from a set of fantasy stone columns. The troughs are all my design though.

And you are a good word smith also.Have you ever thought of  compiling your write ups in a single doc?

I don't have much interest in compiling my own scattered ramblings.  lol Would any of that be interesting to someone else? I suspect it is in its best form, just as it is. I do write short stories, and much longer musings, over on the Post Apoc Wargames forum: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/post_apoc_wargames/index.php There is far more fluff and "from the mind of the creator" type stuff in my project threads there.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #845 on: August 03, 2022, 02:10:13 PM »
I’ve also looked at the film Planet 51 for inspiration.  Their concept art is awesome too:

Thanks, Dan. If I could sketch half that well, I'd have another hobby to contend with. In fact, I might never get anything else done if I could draw that well. I'd probably just do that all day.

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #846 on: August 03, 2022, 02:30:28 PM »
These are all 3d prints, so there is no need to cast them when you can just print more! The first was a free file from Thingiverse, and the other three were digital kitbashes that I did to create a bit of variety. The enclosures and feeding/watering are also some digital kitbashes from a set of fantasy stone columns. The troughs are all my design though.

I thought you were talking about your Green stuff minis ;D ... You are right off course, print some more is required.

I do write short stories, and much longer musings, over on the Post Apoc Wargames forum: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/post_apoc_wargames/index.php There is far more fluff and "from the mind of the creator" type stuff in my project threads there.

& there I went , silly me, suspecting nothing ..... into yet alas another black hole.... o_o  :D :D :D

Some great stuff there ... time is never enough ....

Z

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #847 on: August 03, 2022, 05:49:47 PM »
Those are some great looking buildings!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #848 on: August 03, 2022, 05:57:15 PM »
Thanks, Monkey!

Z, I'm 57 pages deep on this project here. On the other forum, I'm 86 pages. There is quite a bit more rambling over there. I hardly even post my post-apocalypse work here. Over on the other (more genre-specific) forum, I've got hundreds and hundreds of pages worth of threads, including battle reports, writings, WIP posts, etc. It can be a black hole, for sure  lol

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #849 on: August 05, 2022, 06:31:29 AM »
Lovely work, those huts are really nice!

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
    • Idle Doings of an Idle Doodler
« Reply #850 on: August 05, 2022, 09:46:49 AM »
I do write short stories, and much longer musings, over on the Post Apoc Wargames forum: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/post_apoc_wargames/index.php There is far more fluff and "from the mind of the creator" type stuff in my project threads there.

There goes a whole lot more of my internet time...

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #851 on: August 05, 2022, 02:20:36 PM »
There goes a whole lot more of my internet time...

Yes, well, if it isn't one thing it is another. I feel like I owe you some lost time from all the time I've spent on your thread. lol

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
    • Idle Doings of an Idle Doodler
« Reply #852 on: August 05, 2022, 02:47:24 PM »
I'm also slowly working through your Diablo thread on the fantasy board - you need to stick ll these in  blog so your fans can access it all from one place!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #853 on: November 11, 2022, 07:05:50 PM »
After some hiatus, I'm finally getting back on track. Today's sculpts have been done for a while, but my hobby room has been torn apart trying to get everything remodeled, moved, and reorganized. So, I had some delay in getting these painted but they are finally ready.

First up is Choot, the Mining Corporation "Wire Watcher." WWs work the perimeter of mining sites to prevent hostile flora and fauna from ruining the operation.

Choot joins the rest of the Bakwotter branch of MinCo as their primary source of protection from things that wish to eat them.

"Stay behind me, and you might just live."

...might  lol

As I mostly eyeball my sculpts, since my aliens are EXACTLY the right height and shape for their species as I am an expert sculptor  ::) , I was happy to see that when I set out to make a pretty standard humanoid, 15mm figure I just about nailed it. 16mm to the eyes.

Close enough for government work!

Next up are the Brown Noses, or B-Ns for short. This diminutive race of sycophants are used by the evil empire as spies and informants. B-Ns hear incredibly well, and gladly give away secrets for luxuries like not being killed.

The primary race of the evil empire on the other hand are very large by galactic standards. They stand somewhere in the neighborhood of 25mm tall while the B-Ns are closer to 10mm.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11
« Reply #854 on: November 11, 2022, 11:07:02 PM »
Choot has a very important role for the mining crew for sure. the B-Ns remind me of the Blue Meanies from the Beatles movie "Yellow Submarine." It all looks really great! Can't wait to see some of your stories and action.