Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:30:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Cohen the Barbarian inspired figures.'Tin Sheds Fantasy Thread '  (Read 23140 times)

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: City Watch.'Tin Sheds Fantasy stuff '
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2022, 10:35:29 PM »
The figures and gate look brilliant! I like the pose on that dragon. Pretty sure I wouldn’t want to be that guardsman, though!

Offline PineyPhantom

• Librarian
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2022, 11:34:37 PM »
The sheer level of quality on that wall, tower, and gatehouse has me peanut butter and jealous.
"There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge; that is Curiosity.

There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others; that is Vanity.

There are those who seek knowledge in order to serve; that is Love.”

― St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2022, 07:44:30 AM »
Why is that version of Carrot seeming a bedraggled madman?!  lol ???

I really like that he is not looking like some sort of Siegfried. That ties him more to his comrades who all look properly cool. Great job on all of them!

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2022, 09:51:17 PM »
Cheers Chaps.
The varnish mishap nearly consigned them to being dunked in paint stripper,and thrown it a draw to think about what they'd done.
The castle is still not finished infact the gateway still needs tweaking and leaf litter adding as I find a Spring,Autumn feel is more appealing than either Summer or Winter.
I've pretty much gathered enough materials. To resume building the keep. As building an interior takes twice as much materials and nearly three times as long to finish ( he said pointing out the obvious  ::)) But this is no labour of love ,more a battle of wills between myself and the recycling bin .

My Carrot isn't based upon his description at the start of the book. Rather it's inspired by the description of the show down with the dragon, and the line ' No bloody lizard does that to me'(paraphrased slightly) .
I've a certain Orangutan and less than enthusiastic 'Wizzard' to paint . The one thing I didn't make was the luggage .Which is tempting to do given time.
I've two dragons from the range.Bought new when first released (At the time they made a severe dint in my savings from my Saturday job)
Over the years they've been rebased ,tweaked and repaired .
Somewhere along the line I've lost the accompanying miniature for the Oriental Dragon. But I've still managed to keep hold of the knight.
I know there's dozens of more modern dragons knocking about. Many far better sculpted and much much more imposing on a table. Infact I've coloured in a few for other people.
Regardless of new and shiny Dragons,this old orange dragon is still the one I drag out when I need a dragon mini.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: .'Tin Sheds Fantasy Thread '
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2022, 11:07:24 PM »
Very nice  :-* :-*

I’ve still got two Ral Parha dragons,unfinished;  one huge,one little. Should do something with them after seeing your cracking work  :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2022, 09:54:17 AM »
You definitely should,given your love of aircraft. Since a Dragon miniature is little more than a lumpy aircraft kit .

With out rooting around I think I've only three dragons painted. Technically only two ,as I only noticed  I'd left the fabrics sketched in on the Dragon rider ;D
I did pick up a replacement Marauder Dragon at the last Partizan show. As my original one arrived miscast( back in the mail order days pre Internet)
So it ended up being chopped up into this as I didn't like the original white plastic horse with the square backside.(It never occurred to me to just reshape the horse.)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2022, 05:04:01 PM »
You definitely should,given your love of aircraft. Since a Dragon miniature is little more than a lumpy aircraft kit.

lol lol lol

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2022, 09:53:59 AM »
Just in the middle of tweaking and repairing some figures that managed to damaged during the storms earlier this year.
( Serious amount of work and life. Has delayed their repairs. But things are starting to even out.)

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2022, 03:19:53 PM »
Beautiful work on all of those figures! I especially like the colour palette on the carrion model. The basing on the elf is interesting, too- very simple, but I like the effect.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Librarian, and Cohen.wip's'Tin Sheds Fantasy Thread '
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2022, 10:27:52 PM »
Slowly but surely I'm finding a little time to work on some of my back log of figure's .Eventually I'll have finished my Guards Guards  warband Although Cohen destiny's is to join my Barbarian warband.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Cohen the Barbarian inspired figures.'Tin Sheds Fantasy Thread '
« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2022, 09:33:22 PM »
Finally managed to colour in both mini's. Now it's just a case of a couple of Wizards.