Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:13:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686495
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Cohen the Barbarian inspired figures.'Tin Sheds Fantasy Thread '  (Read 22911 times)

Offline Clach Umha

• Librarian
Re: Cardboard Castle a little progress. "Tin Sheds Fantasy stuff "
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2021, 01:07:12 AM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 05:22:46 AM by Clach Umha »
Getting excited & making jokes about dropping Nepalm on little Asian Children in a Viet' village doesn't make it ok just because 'it's wargaming & not real'. You wanker scum need to look again at the real photographic horror of such chemical weapons. Seriously Disgusting mind set amongst some you.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2021, 10:46:39 AM »
I'm not up for a sainthood. I'm just Double Busy lol
There are day's when we've nothing on and CBA kicks in.
I spent the last couple of days weeding and starting cleaning the garden for this year. So this morning I'm Brownie poitied up ! and have been left to my own devices for an hour or two .So I've been inspired to do a little more .Plus a little. Inspiration means I've figured out how to make it more versatile so it doubles as 80% of a Frostgrave board or 40% of a fantasy town borad. So a productive couple of hours.

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2021, 10:55:32 AM »
Nice looking buildings
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Seditiosus

• Bookworm
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2021, 12:09:48 PM »
fabulous stuff. I mentally noted down the wallpaper hack. brilliant idea. if I ever get a house and enough space for such terrain, I will hopefully remember!

Offline Clach Umha

• Librarian
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2021, 12:53:11 AM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 05:31:33 AM by Clach Umha »

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2021, 06:28:30 PM »
That's looking great! I started one years back using small marble kitchen tile offcuts for the bottom part then undulating timbers for the roof.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2021, 11:02:47 PM »
I must admit I rather enjoyed adding bits to it and trying to move my fantasy stuff along.
My game plan for the castle is now to add another corner and straight section to the set .It sounds ridiculously obvious four walls and four tower's and a keep. lol but its not . As simple as that as the original idea was to have an asymmetric castle with the keep acting as the fourth corner corner and the forth side. This would have easily given me four options the basic castle. Two table edge castles both 'L'&'U' shaped and a free standing keep.
Just by adding a corner and another wall section. I can additionally make the bog standard four walls four corners, a citadel useing just the corners.A citadel or narrow castle four corners & two walls. Or use all four wall sections as a city/town wall. Across the table or add in a corner or two.
Which means I could have the keep on the table a town wall and a four corner structure( or two 'U' shaped table edge structure made from corners.)
If there's enough little bits of wall paper left over I can add two. Wall/ corner  breaches. If I do the clever thing and stylize them a little more by having each breach made of two separate pieces of fallen wall and ignore the pile of rubble that's normally represent in a wall breach.Then my options for the castle increase no end . For example just plonking the two halves of a breach section back to back gives a sort if rubble monolith. Placing one half at each end of the high tower corner will give a sort of free standing wizards tower.
And so on.
So it's going to be more if a build than originally planned. But these sort of projects often are.

DD. Did you ever finish it or is it in the corner storing dust?

Im banned from dark chocolate digestives as full packets have been know to inexplicably evaporate when im pottering .

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: A little progress on the miniatures front "Tin Sheds Fantasy stuff "
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2021, 01:50:14 PM »
Whilst my hand was recovering I spent a little time resculpting two of the Guard's Guard's sculpts to work as Empire foot Hero's. I've managed to paint a few more Empire figures.So I'm slowly catching up.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 02:05:20 PM by tin shed gamer »

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: High Elf Dragon "Tin Sheds Fantasy stuff "
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2021, 05:06:06 PM »
I found a little unexpected down time to day . So I finally threw some paint at something. I was planning on grinding through the great swords. But a dragon seemed much more fun. lol
( and a little tweak of my Empire hero's)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 05:12:18 PM by tin shed gamer »

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2021, 06:53:12 PM »
I wish my paint landed that well when I throw it about!

Ok its fun but no where near as good a result as your fun  :)

Offline trev

• Mad Scientist
    • The Bits Box
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2021, 09:05:47 AM »
That is very nice.  I've got the Dark Elf version in bits somewhere, I'll have to get it started. 

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2021, 09:20:02 AM »
Cheers
But it's not a fancy paint job . The hard work is carried by three colours . Olive green. Then a fast dry brush with an slightly thinned yellow. Dark turquoise is heavily added as shadow and quickly wiped off .( it tones it's self in when you wipe it away)  then all highlights are just a couple of layers of thinned yellow which allows the green to show through and blend/ tone without any real effort.With the final highlight of neat yellow hear and there. The under belly is done the same way only with a Tanned flesh instead of yellow. Then a little pale flesh for a final highlight. The margins between the green and pink have a thinned yellow was over them. It took around two hours to get that far. So its quite fast .The trick is just to do one side at once ie. One wing upper then the other one side of the body then the other. You can really charge through stuff with a little planning.

Trev,
I pick this up at Partizan a couple of years ago . It need a horn adding. But once I got started I resculpted the eyes , tongue,and snout. Then removed one clawed finger from each of the front paws and added them to the back of the rear feet. It needed a new spear tip as well.
As it came already undercoated when I bought it I just over sprayed the whole thong once I'd finished playing. It wasn't until Instarted painting that I found out that what looked like a fur lining on the skirt was actually a tone of old over painted super glue and the figure was damaged behind it. At which point I was 90% done .So there wasnt any point in resculpting . I just choose a brighter colour combination for the cloth to hide some of the damage

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2021, 02:32:06 PM »
Nice dragon.

Offline Doom Beard 78

• Scientist
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2021, 11:47:03 AM »
Wonderfull to see such a great job on the old "S" shaped dragons GW made back in teh 90's/ OI think the one you have is the second Prince Imrik . I painted it when I was 18, I have it in various pieces , its been on my to do lits for a long time . Maybe next year . Really enjoyed trawling this thread really inspiring

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2021, 01:15:56 PM »
DD. Did you ever finish it or is it in the corner storing dust?
Surprisingly I did finish it for a Frothers' game at Salute 2010.