Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:46:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689808
  • Total Topics: 118297
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Help Identifying these figures please  (Read 2888 times)

Offline chromedog

• Librarian
Re: Help Identifying these figures please
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2019, 12:53:39 PM »
The blue skinned ones look like they are a pair of the old Rogue Trooper miniatures as well :) .

Yup.  Two of the Rogue Trooper metal figure (nowt to do with "Rogue Trader") range as replacements for the plastic meeples in the old GW Rogue Trooper board game (they had licenses for Judge Dredd and RT games in the 80s).  There's a Gunnar (rifle) - one of the genetically-engineered infantry (GI) troopers from Rogue's unit and a Major Magnam (GI officer) with pistol. 

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019, 05:45:31 PM »
This! While there are certainly recasters about, the paranoia about it from some people is really nuts and can be a pain for those of us who bought up large in the old days! When I sell multiples of rare minis I always include a small bio about how I have been gaming a long time and stocked up well in the early 90s  :)

Lovely minis by the way.

Thanks - I had not thought of being accused of being a recaster!  They were part of a really big purchase by the club and have seen a lot of action over 3 generations both sons were and 2 grandsons are "into" of gaming so have suffered casualties along the way and the survivors are a bit bashed! 
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 10:06:16 PM »
This! While there are certainly recasters about, the paranoia about it from some people is really nuts and can be a pain for those of us who bought up large in the old days! When I sell multiples of rare minis I always include a small bio about how I have been gaming a long time and stocked up well in the early 90s  :)

Lovely minis by the way.

Sounds like something a recaster would say...  lol
I wish I'd had the money to stock up, lol