Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:53:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Cthulhu 1968: Black Sun Tabletop Game Funded!  (Read 5138 times)

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
  • Student of Time, Space & Cake
    • Crucible Crush
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 08:10:08 AM by Westfalia Chris »

" width="450" height="75" border="0

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
Re: Cthulhu 1968: Black Sun Tabletop Game on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 06:38:40 PM »

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 12:25:11 PM »
This project seems to be struggling a bit to reach funding.  I'll take a shot at signal boosting over on Facebook - Murch deserves support for a pet project of his.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 02:02:25 PM »
Sigh, fell short by about a third.  Well, I tried to help.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 08:12:16 PM »
The figures are now on preorder at the crucible store at a special introductory price until August 19. https://www.cruciblecrush.com/store/range/19/28mm_Weird_War_Nam/

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 08:50:11 PM »
The figures are now on preorder at the crucible store at a special introductory price until August 19. https://www.cruciblecrush.com/store/range/19/28mm_Weird_War_Nam/

North Star's going to probably be releasing the whole range of figs, Nick announced the US sculpts on Facebook earlier.  Appears the only thing not coming are the rules - and since I was after the figs more than anything, that's okay.

Offline MajorTalon

• Scientist
  • Talon Company!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 02:42:45 AM »
Are any of the models going to be back in stock? I missed out on the Hastur cult models.

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 12:02:43 PM »
Are any of the models going to be back in stock? I missed out on the Hastur cult models.

As far as I'm aware they haven't been properly released yet? Given that Bob still has to sculpt figures for half the packs listed...
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 05:47:47 PM »
They will be released after Nov 1 when the preorders will ship.
I have also gone thru the rules again and updated them to the current play test version. We are looking at releasing them in a scaled back version in or about November as well.
Look for the figures on order again in November.

Offline kmfrye

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 03:39:15 PM »
They will be released after Nov 1 when the preorders will ship.
(...)
Look for the figures on order again in November.

That's good news. Count me in for some Hastur Hippy Cultists.

Keith F.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 04:23:30 PM »
I backed both iterations of the campaign, but honestly it was only for the miniatures. Nothing against the rules but these days I have no opponents so not much use for games I can't play solo. For what it's worth I think you would have done much better had you fully embraced the Mythos aspect. As it was it wasn't even there the first time and the second it seemed thrown onto the title as an afterthought and you properly identified the Adaro as Deep Ones. That was it at the beginning. You could have leaned a lot more into the Mythos, having the Black Sun dimension the domain of the Great Old Ones, looking to stabalize the gate to iur reality. The Deep Ones would have just been Deep Ones, servants of Dagon. The Tcho Tcho were ripe for use here as advisors trying to stabalize the gate from this side. The Hastur bit was nice but a little bit too late. Don't think the giant bugs or golem faction did you any favors either for someone coming looking for Cthulhu. And adding the free Vietnamese didn't really do any good to anyone not interested in that faction. A KS limited figure that anyone could have used would have served you much better I think. And while Bob's sculpts were fantastic as always (I own quite a few of his Pulp figures) having so much not sculpted yet probably didn't do you any favors. Now I like the CC Deep One set and look forward to adding at least the BS versions and the Ghouls to my collection (and although we all love to hate Nazis some Soviets would have fit much better here) and I wish you the best with this was just trying to give a few observations from someone who has been around KS since the first Zombicide campaign and have been a Mythos collector over 50 years with almost 400 relative volumes and Mythos miniatures since the original Grenadier line. Still think this is a novel idea and a great setting and with maybe the addition of some Delta Green type US and Soviet groups in addition to the regular forces this could really go far, so best of luck with your future plans for Black Sun
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 08:25:01 PM »
I think you have hit the nail on the head with all your thoughts.
Solo rules will be coming down the pipe.
The concept as outlined by the Murch man is that the world has the Cthulhu aspects without staying so. Lemurians are there and the Adaro are deep ones but not the deep ones of Lovecraft writings. Perhaps Bob can make this more clear.
Many of the aspects that you are talking about will be coming in the future.
This is a generational project and to expect us to have all the figures that are possible in this genre is not possible in the first and now second wave of minis.
I believe you will see Chinese and soviets. I believe you will see solo rules. I believe you will see more Great Old ones involved. As a typical Lovecraftian story the mystery and insanity will be revealed as the story develops. I hope this answers your concerns about the project in some small way.

Offline Bob Murch

• Scientist
  • Honest purveyor of toys and such.
    • Pulp Figures
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2019, 11:36:16 PM »
Regarding the Cthulhu Mythos in Black Sun, here are a few of my thoughts on the matter. Black Sun isn’t intended to be a wholehearted adherent to, say, the Call of Cthulhu game universe. Instead, we are treating the Mythos as a starting point or touchstone for the Black Sun Universe in order to get folks thinking in the right direction pertaining to the concept. As such, we are adding our own elements, drawing on occult lore, grind-house cinema and cold war era gonzo culture. The Mythos makes a good starting point because most are familiar with its common tropes. We will have Deep Ones (Adaro), Ghouls and Shoggoths because, frankly, they will be popular. But, like any good weird fiction author of the Lovecraft Circle, we intend to introduce our own ideas as well. Hence the Fury Bugs and The Golem. Just sticking to the established canon would be, in my view, the same as those authors who slavishly tried to imitate Lovecraft and really just generated piles of pastiches.

I'm happy to keep this discussion going though.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush

Offline Bob Murch

• Scientist
  • Honest purveyor of toys and such.
    • Pulp Figures
Re: Cthulhu 1968: Black Sun Tabletop Game Live on Kickstarter Dec 1!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 07:58:39 PM »
The Campaign is Funded and we are starting to unlock the Stretch Goals. Most of them are full 28mm figs so as the campaign progresses the backer deals become really good.