Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:03:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690823
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Kill Team sized neoprene or PVC mats  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Kill Team sized neoprene or PVC mats
« on: July 22, 2019, 06:09:18 AM »
Over the years I've scaled my tabletop games way down to Kill Team size (22x30) playing areas which suit my little coffee table JUST fine. I'm currently trying to find mats in this size, of the vinyl or neoprene variety for space/starfield (no hexes) and a sea mat (no grid or hexes) for Pirates and a space themed CCG.

Anyone point me in the right direction? I've bought from Pworks and Table War in the past, but neither have these mats in the Kill Team size.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:15:05 AM by Bravo Six »

Offline Johnny Boy

• Scientist
  • The Older I get the better I was.. . . .
Re: Kill Team sized neoprene or PVC mats
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 06:23:59 PM »
Evening B6, been a while since you helped me out on my Nam project. You could try Tinywargames.co.uk they provide a custom service if you want bigger mats so I guess you'll be able to go smaller. Hope this helps
All the Best
Johnny

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 06:51:12 PM »
Heya Johnny. Hope you're well. Thanks alot. I'll have a look at those. Much appreciated.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 07:02:59 PM »
Deep Cut Studios do a good range of mats, I don’t recall seeing any this small, but they do custom sizes, and certainly on the bigger mat I ordered from them, the price seemed to be based on the overall square footage of the mat, so ones this size should be pretty cheap.

Offline Johnny Boy

• Scientist
  • The Older I get the better I was.. . . .
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 07:12:38 PM »
Glad to be of help, wasn't aware that deepcut do custom. I've got a 6'x4' Old West mat from Deepcut in Mouse pad and would give it a strong recommendation. I only saw Tiny wargames cloth mats at a localish show this last weekend and thought they looked ok. Price compared nearabout with Deepcut tho.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 07:17:05 PM »
Awesome guys. Thank you so much for the input.

... so ones this size should be pretty cheap

That was my thinking as well.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 07:24:21 PM »
For the sake of completeness I emailed Pwork to see if they would do custom mats based on their current designs. As an aside, I cannot say enough good things about Pwork. The quality of their mats is amazing and the designs are nice, bright and vibrant. Their customer service is also second to none. Compare this to the experience I had with Table War. Mat graphic was dull, and their customer service was fairly abysmal.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 08:49:57 PM »
Glad to be of help, wasn't aware that deepcut do custom. I've got a 6'x4' Old West mat from Deepcut in Mouse pad and would give it a strong recommendation. I only saw Tiny wargames cloth mats at a localish show this last weekend and thought they looked ok. Price compared nearabout with Deepcut tho.

For clarity, I (and a gaming bud) have had custom cloth mats from Deep Cut, but worth an ask on their other materials.

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 11:01:39 PM »
Gamemat.EU sells a pair of double-sided mouse pad Kill Team mats.
https://www.gamemat.eu/en/battle-mats/30-x22-double-sided-battle-mats

Here in the States Frontline Gaming (frontlinegaming.org) has 10 different mouse pads for Kill Team.
https://store.frontlinegaming.org/gaming-mats/flg-mats-30-x-22-kill-team

PWork Wargames (pworkwargames.com) has a selection of Kill Team mats in neoprene or vinyl: click on COMPATIBILITY in the Menu Bar. 18 choices.
https://www.pworkwargames.com/en/39-kill-team-compatible

Or, I suppose, you could buy a 3'x3' and cut it to shape. ;)

I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden