Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:14:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: “We have wild work to do!” A ToH game AAR. The final chapter page two!  (Read 6051 times)

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Awesome bat rep  :-*

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Absolutely fantastic stuff, but I have a great desire to give the 'water' several
coats of varnish, & or wood stain.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Lovely  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Looking forward to more

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Absolutely fantastic stuff, but I have a great desire to give the 'water' several

Actually the more solid the better! Whilst some of the major sewer projects had already been completed for a number of years (assuming a late 19th century setting), it was still a big issue. Apparently the River Fleet was almost solid at various times in the 19th century.

Offline theoldschool

• Scientist
Most entertaining, a veritable tour de force. We look forward to more from Messrs Malamute, Bibbly and Blood.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
I have a great desire to give the 'water' several

It had four... Look at the overhead shot...
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
Excellent AAR, very interesting. And the painting work is really good!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
The title says part two???

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Part One was the player briefings and initial set up  :)

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Oshiro.   The overhead view does show more gloss. 4 coats!!!!!  My apologies.

Elk101.   When the Liffey (Dublin's river) was heavily polluted, it was really an open
              sewer for the city,  a wit was trapped by his creditors on the river bank.
              Seeing no alternative he dived in & swam for the far bank. So shocking
was this considered that when he heard about it, one of his friends sought him out &
ask if it was true, 'Did you really swim in the Liffey?' He replied, 'No. I only went through
the motions' .

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
Superb. Simply superb.  :-* :-*
I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
Beautiful looking game  :-*
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: “We have wild work to do!” A recent ToH game AAR. Part two posted!
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2019, 09:41:02 AM »
"Hurry Captain Fellows! We must hurry the sun is setting!"

The Captain and the Professor made short work of the rats and charged onto the dockside fully expecting  to meet further resistance. But the square was empty and quiet, eerily so, after the thunderous noise of the fighting during the preceding minutes it had suddenly fallen still and an ominous feeling overcame them.

Fellows looked around and could dimly make out the bodies of both policemen and ruffian types, but no enemies rushed to meet them.

"There is still time! look the crate it sits upon the cart, hurry Captain!"

Both men ran across the square, and clambered onto the cart, The professor began to work on the screws on the corners of the great crate. Captain Fellows drew his hunting knife and began to prize the lid at the opposite end. The wood began to splinter and crack as they worked it loose.

"Wait!" exclaimed the Professor, "The light has gone! we must be ready for him, he will be fast!" He tossed the screwdriver aside, and retrieved  his crucifix which he raised above his head, he began to pray "Oh Mighty God, protect and deliver us from this Evil"

Captain Fellows gave the lid one final shove and it fell from the cart, crashing to the ground below. He raised his knife and turned to plunge it down into the crate but to his horror he realised it was  empty....

The Professor had stopped praying and was staring into the crate, all he could see was rotten fetid earth which lined the bottom and the faint imprint where a body may have been laid.

"This cannot be, how could he escape us again?"he exclaimed, sinking to he knees, his mood changing from one of triumph to one of despair.

"I don't understand" shouted the Captain, how could he have left the box before sunset?"

"He didn't" replied the Professor who had regained his usual composure, "He was never in it, it must have been a decoy, the real crate carrying the Master Vampire must have been dropped off earlier at some other destination along the river, he has tricked us again!"

The End.

Or is it?

To be continued! :)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:02:50 AM by Malamute »
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Ooooooooooh  :o
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)