Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690590
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 704
Total: 709

Recent

Author Topic: Need a comparison scale picture of 28mm plastic miniatures  (Read 4667 times)

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
Need a comparison scale picture of 28mm plastic miniatures
« on: July 27, 2019, 10:56:28 AM »
Hi, I'm starting a small force in 28mm and I'd really appreciate if a kind sould could post a comparative shot of WWII plastic grunt from Perrys next to one from Warlords.
Also, if it is not much asking, another pic with those above next to a 1/48 Tamiya's. I know they are bigger than a standard 28mm miniature but wonder how much bigger they are.
TIA,

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
Re: Need a comparison scale picture of 28mm plastic miniatures
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 12:08:06 PM »
Nothing to do with height all to do with heft and style
I would not mix those three together or even any two of them
YMMV

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 01:13:25 PM »
Nothing to do with height all to do with heft and style
I would not mix those three together or even any two of them
YMMV
Thanks for your answer. I'm not going to mix them; I just want to decide which ones to buy to build a force. I think Perrys are slightly smaller or less bulkier than Warlords, or maybe it's just a matter of style as you say, but I'd live to see first a picture of them together to decide wich ones to buy.
Any help in the way of pictures would be much appreciated.
cheers,

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 01:58:15 PM »
I have all 3 of these figures, but don’t seem to have a photo of them together.

The perry figures are the smallest, and are quite slender. The 1/48th Tamiya ones are tall, but very slender. The Warlord ones are the more classic wargames style, fairly chunky, and a bit taller than Perry.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 02:29:08 PM »

Sorry don't have any Tamiya but this photo is of plastic warlord,two metal warlord and two perry plastic

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 06:36:01 PM »
I have all 3 of these figures, but don’t seem to have a photo of them together.

The perry figures are the smallest, and are quite slender. The 1/48th Tamiya ones are tall, but very slender. The Warlord ones are the more classic wargames style, fairly chunky, and a bit taller than Perry.
That's what I supposed, thanks Fred :)

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 06:37:35 PM »

Sorry don't have any Tamiya but this photo is of plastic warlord,two metal warlord and two perry plastic
Thank you very much for the picture. It seems that Perrys are not so slender as I thought and that they can be mixed with Warlords without problem...

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 06:44:22 PM »
I do not have a Tamiya !/48 figure, but I do have a North Star one compared with Perry.

The colour of the British infantry is just plain wrong.

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 07:02:33 PM »
Which is the Perrys, the brit? Do Northstar sell 28mm WWII? Is the German soldier 1/48?
Thanks for the help

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 07:40:24 PM »
Surfing the web I found these two comparative pictures.

In this picture the Warlord miniature towers over the Perrys so much that I'm not interested in the Perrys for being so small, but...

In this other picture the first american from left to right is Perrys and the second German or fifth figure is a plastic Warlord. The Perrys looks taller than the Warlords! So right now I don't now what to think. Are the new American infantry taller than the previous DAK box?

I'm interested in buying the Perrys GIs box because it contains more figures and it is cheaper, and also because I don't like very much Warlords plastics, but I wouldn't want my Perrys americans be dwarfed by Warlords opponents, so I still have some doubts about which one to buy...

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2019, 08:43:19 PM »
I suspect that photo shows that there are differences even within ranges from manufacturers. The warlord ranges are both metal and plastic, and of different generations of production in both materials.

I have Warlord Plastic British Airborne and they are much bigger (in height and bulk) than Perry DAK or 8th Army. The 1st Corps British Airborne are bigger than the warlord ones - but not too much so.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 09:35:24 PM »
Which is the Perrys, the brit? Do Northstar sell 28mm WWII? Is the German soldier 1/48?
Thanks for the help
The British infantryman is a 1/48 scale North Star, sorry, the German is a Warlord plastic (I had forgotten I had painted some Warlord Early Germans).

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 10:30:08 PM »
Thanks for your answer. I'm not going to mix them; I just want to decide which ones to buy to build a force. I think Perrys are slightly smaller or less bulkier than Warlords, or maybe it's just a matter of style as you say, but I'd live to see first a picture of them together to decide wich ones to buy.
Any help in the way of pictures would be much appreciated.
cheers,

Ahh OK I understand so what army are you considering as some ranges do vary in size esp Warlord?

In general Warlord will not look out of place next to most other  ranges where Perrys will look a little small and the Tamiya will look even more out of scale.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2019, 10:52:59 PM »
Worth noting in the picture above of the Warlord US Airborne and the Perry DAK, that there is a base depth difference of a boot. The height isn't so different, but the bulk is.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2019, 11:05:47 PM »
As
Surfing the web I found these two comparative pictures.

In this picture the Warlord miniature towers over the Perrys so much that I'm not interested in the Perrys for being so small, but...

In this other picture the first american from left to right is Perrys and the second German or fifth figure is a plastic Warlord. The Perrys looks taller than the Warlords! So right now I don't now what to think. Are the new American infantry taller than the previous DAK box?

I'm interested in buying the Perrys GIs box because it contains more figures and it is cheaper, and also because I don't like very much Warlords plastics, but I wouldn't want my Perrys americans be dwarfed by Warlords opponents, so I still have some doubts about which one to buy...

The second picture above is mine, so here are my 2 cents:

The Perry Americans are bigger than their 8th Army or Germans but just as big as the Warlord figures. The difference in height on the picture comes from the integral plastic base the Perry figures have while the WG ones don‘t. Easy solution would be to just cut them off these bases.