Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:08:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685051
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Need a comparison scale picture of 28mm plastic miniatures  (Read 4526 times)

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
Re: Need a comparison scale picture of 28mm plastic miniatures
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2019, 12:43:46 AM »
If Perrys Americans are bigger than previous DAK and Brits as you say and it is shown in your picture, then I'll buy them because that means they will similar in size to Warlords.
Thank you very much to all of you for your help!

Offline Kane

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 07:40:17 PM »
As
The second picture above is mine, so here are my 2 cents:

The Perry Americans are bigger than their 8th Army or Germans but just as big as the Warlord figures. The difference in height on the picture comes from the integral plastic base the Perry figures have while the WG ones don‘t. Easy solution would be to just cut them off these bases.

So Moterei, it isn't an issue to mix and mingle the 2 (Warlord plastic US infantry and Perry US infantry) ?
I'm currently researching to make a larger diorama about the 'Trou du Loup', back in the Ardennes and I basically found out I need several very, very scared prone or kneeling mini's. And Warlord doesn't have prone ones...
Daaaaaaaaaaaaah !

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 08:05:20 PM »
Personally I wouldn‘t mix them. Weapons and proportions are much more true scale than the Warlord.... offerings. But your mileage may vary.

Offline Kane

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 11:06:11 AM »
I'm looking to make a diorama which might be donated to a museum... So I'd rather go with the right mini's for this. Panthers will be Rubicon.

In such case, what would you advise? Warlord or Perry?

Offline MikeRC97

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 12:12:47 PM »
I have the newer Warlord US infantry and the Perry US infantry and I would say the difference is not the height, it is the...girth, for lack of a better description.  The Perry figures are much slimmer.  Also as has been pointed out the weapons on the Warlord sprue are larger, the Perry M1 carbine looks tiny compared to the one on the Warlord sprue.

In my case I plan on using the Perry figs for Bolt Action HQ and sniper teams so they won’t be mixed in with the Warlord figures that will make up my rifle squads.  I’m a bit more pedantic about my miniatures than most - I suspect most gamers would have no problem mixing the two as the difference is not that noticeable on a tabletop.

I don’t know from what distance your diorama is meant to be viewed but I think you could get always with having a mix if you don’t place the two side by side.

Offline Kane

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2019, 02:16:35 PM »
Well, I haven't decided on how big it will look yet, but I'd like to capture the moment Cpl. Wiegand fired his one bazooka shot into the flank of a Panther with which he stopped the entire German second SS Panzer division. There were at least 7 panther tanks bearing down on the men of the 75th, but I'm not going to put'em all in.

Same for the infantry.

So yeah. Stil have some measuring and scaling to do. For some reason I'm thinking of 60cm x 60cm, but I really have to look at it thoroughly. Currently I'm still in the 'which miniatures can I use which may be decently converted'-stage. And in that regard, I think Perry's might be the more viable option with crouching and kneeling poses (which lack in the Warlord box in my opinion).

Offline Eclaireur

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2019, 03:43:56 PM »
I tell what really does work much better than using the Warlord ones - it's the combination of Perry US and the Empress figures. Helmets, weapons, and physique more generally, very similarly scaled, and allows you to mix earlier and later pattern uniforms
EC