Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:52:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689492
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Congo: the treasure of Makoko Mbe  (Read 1527 times)

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
Congo: the treasure of Makoko Mbe
« on: July 30, 2019, 12:27:20 PM »
Played this scenario last night with the White Men and the Zanzibaris competing to retrieve the treasure guarded by the fanatical warriors. The Zanzibaris were delayed by a gorilla who got more and more enraged while the White Men moved up and started shooting the guardians of the treasure, while setting up a ring of firers to shoot down the Zanzibaris should they try to seize it. A great plan until there was a sudden torrential downpour of rain, making all the powder wet and reducing ranges. The Baluchis charged in and in spite of casualties and a brave charge by the young warriors, escaped with the treasure. Another great game, and as usual, loading up a melee in your favour always seems to cause you to lose it!

Offline Calumma

• Librarian
Re: Congo: the treasure of Makoko Mbe
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 01:05:08 PM »
Looks like a fun game. I do wish it was possible to get extra copies of the cards so we could play multiplayer games of adventures such as that one.

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 02:07:08 PM »
I scanned the cards and printed them onto thin card and put them in sleeves.

Offline Calumma

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 11:21:47 AM »
Having just printed and laminated a games worth of cards for a recent home brew participation game I was hoping to avoid doing any more. But it looks like it may be the only option (other than buying a whole new rule book...).

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 12:46:26 PM »
Nice looking game.

Studio Tomahawk has had many requests to provide the card sets without the rules but nothing yet.

When Foundry had their 25% discount earlier this year I bought 2 rulesets (I now have 3 sets) so that I can run multiplayer games here and at conventions. My logic was that I can spend time and money priting off copies, getting them laminated or sleeved or just pay for the originals and spend my time painting up figures................... plus the extra rulesets will help some of our local rules lawyers check out loopholes  o_o :o lol
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club

Offline Calumma

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 10:45:16 PM »
That's the other option. Might see if I can pick up a deal at a show.

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 12:27:37 AM »
I have made copies of the cards, but like others I may just bite the bullet and get another copy when I see it cheaper. Such a fun game.