Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:26:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690803
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pacific Theater Terrain  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
Pacific Theater Terrain
« on: August 06, 2019, 08:27:58 AM »
I originally intended to create some "island village buildings" (sturdy cardstock buidlings for gaming)  for my pirate ships but have received so much feedback on how this could be used for WW2 pacific island wargaming, I thought I show you what I am working on now.

I don't have any minis for this era to populate the scene but what do you think? This is the first set of island buildings I am working on. There is the core house and an extension/veranda/porch and it's all customizeable, so you can have doors and windows just printed on or built with interior and cut out as shown here. The modules can be combined in different layouts to make a village with unique looking buildings and printed in different "looks" varying texture and color.

For now this is the "wood" texture version. I want to add a "bamboo" texture variant later which should be even more fitting for pacific islands. Let me know what you think and if I should include anything that is missing.

Chris
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 08:29:48 AM by Papierschnitzel »

Offline Belisarius

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Yahoo groups Ulster Wargames Society
Re: Pacific Theater Terrain
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 10:43:54 AM »
I think it looks great , I’d certainly be interested. ✔️

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 08:34:13 PM »
those look really neat. well done.
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 11:39:50 PM »
They look fantastic. They'd fit well into any game set in the Pacific Theater.
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 06:15:31 AM »
Thank you guys. I am working on getting them release ready. Here is another pic showing interior ... when you need to go inside :-)

Depending on how much detail you want to add you can cut out the door and windows and add them in open position like so...

As I also do vehicles, I am wondering if there are any that would be suitable as WW2 terrain pieces for this setting. I am more the crafter and not familiar with gaming rules, but I could imagine a landing boat being a good objective.

Chris