Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:30:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691094
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: September 1939 Freebies and Discount for IABSM  (Read 755 times)

Offline Lardy Rich

• Scientist
September 1939 Freebies and Discount for IABSM
« on: August 31, 2019, 07:10:27 AM »
Morning all

To mark the 80th year after the accepted start of WW2 with the invasion of Poland on 1st September 1939, the TooFatLardies are pleased to offer a free to download supplement for IABSM covering the German and Soviet invasion of Poland.  At 122 pages in lengths it's a great resource for anyone gaming this conflict.  We are also combining that incredible offer with a great discount on the two September War scenario packs for I Ain’t Been Shot, Mum! with a whopping 25% off when you buy them as a bundle.

Written by Robert Avery and Alexander Kawczynski, each September War scenario pack for I Ain’t Been Shot, Mum! provides thirty scenarios for the theatre, making sixty available in all.
Divided into eight mini-campaigns, the first pack (The September War Part One) begins with the battles at the border, then covers the fight for the Polish corridor, the Polish Thermopylae at Narew, the Siege of Warsaw, the climactic battles at Bzura and Tomaszow Lubelski, and the actions of the 10th Motorised Cavalry “Black” Brigade and the Independent Operational Group Polesie. There are attacks, counter-attacks, encounter battles, desperate defences…there’s even an armoured train or two.

Divided into six mini-campaigns, the second pack (The September War Part Two) begins with four based on specific German units: Panzerdivision Kempf, the 1st GebirgsjaegerDivision, the 4th Panzer Division, and the 1st Kavallerie Brigade. Then there are two mini-campaigns based on the Soviet invasion of Poland: the Belorussian Front and the Ukrainian Front. Finally there are details of two stand-alone battles: Westerplatte and the Hel Peninsula. As always, there are attacks, counter-attacks, encounter battles, and desperate defences, all containing a whole host of useful scenario mechanics that can be re-used elsewhere.

No need for any preparation: each scenario contains a brief background history, maps, a full game briefing, and a full briefing for each player. Simply print out the pages you need, make up the deck from the list of cards required, unpack your figures and dice, set up the table and away you go!

Also available, but as a free-to-download pdf, is Blitzkrieg in the East #01:  Poland 1939: a free theatre handbook for the conflict. Written by Robert Avery, but based on previous works by Alexander Kawczynski and Richard Clarke, the handbook gives all the army lists you could want to play the September War, plus background information and full game statistics.

Cheers

Rich

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
Re: September 1939 Freebies and Discount for IABSM
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 10:33:21 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Rich!

Offline Belisarius

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Yahoo groups Ulster Wargames Society
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 12:16:07 PM »
Cracking offer , Richard , must take a look .👍

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 03:46:43 PM »
Sounds interesting...do you have a link???

Offline Vis Bellica

• Scientist
    • Vis Lardica
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 04:18:15 PM »
Here's a link to the special offer on the two September War scenario packs:

https://toofatlardies.co.uk/product/september-war-anniversary-bundle/

Here's a link to the free download:

https://toofatlardies.co.uk/product/blitzkrieg-in-the-east-poland-invaded/

And here's a picture of some Polish tanks advancing during our play of scenario #45 from the second September War scenario pack: Piotrkow Trybunalski.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 05:03:07 PM »
Are there any sample scenarios for IABSM around? I have had a quick look around on Google and found some good AARs but no actual scenarios.
The 1939 campaigns interest me for my 6mm WW2 games and I would be interested in seeing a sample of the scenarios to see how they would/would not convert to other rules.

Offline Vis Bellica

• Scientist
    • Vis Lardica
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 05:08:15 PM »
Hi

If you go to the page here:

https://www.vislardica.com/buy-iabsm-scenario-packs

Most of the scenario packs on offer have sample pages that you can look at. Click on the individual pack and then look at the bottom of the description.

For example, this is the sample pages from the Blenneville or Bust! scenario pack:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 05:11:16 PM by Vis Bellica »

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 11:30:03 PM »
If you go to the page here..........

Many thanks, that really helps.