Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:59:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What A Tanker! and Cruel Seas.  (Read 736 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
What A Tanker! and Cruel Seas.
« on: August 11, 2019, 01:43:45 AM »
At our Games Day today at Bushy Run Battlefield we had a game of each of these.  Both games were full of players and some Boy Scouts that came in were the ones that filled the table for the WaT! game.  None of them had ever wargamed on the tabletop before. 

Cruel Seas was up first.  We had two people that had never wargamed before.  One of them had all kinds of questions about the basic set and seemed ready to jump in. 

The Germans were off to a rough start.  On the third turn their one E-boat had two torpedoes heading his way.  The other was running a gauntlet of two Vickers.  The Tanker was making its way to safer seas. 

Fortunately for the forces of darkness the one torpedo missed and the other was a dud. So they launched their own array at the tanker.  The ships exchanged fire and one of the E-boats took on too much lead and explosives and transformed into a reef.

The other made up for his comrade's loss, blasting the side of the tanker before moving in for a rear raking that sank it. 

I can't give too much in the way of details about the What A Tanker! game as I was running my own Carlist War game at the time and just snuck away while the players were eating to take some pics.

The Boy Scouts seemed to be having a blast while playing.  Afterwards the GM told me they were a little sheepish at first but then warmed up to it as they started to understand the rules better. 

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: What A Tanker! and Cruel Seas.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 06:17:45 AM »
Good to hear - both look like they were fun games.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen