Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:21:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Empress Miniatures - P&P?  (Read 4112 times)

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
Empress Miniatures - P&P?
« on: August 13, 2019, 10:22:50 AM »
Look on the Empress site. See nice Cromwell model. £5 - sold, on the spot. Add to basket. P&P is £8.75!!

Am I missing something? Thats an extortionate amount!

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Empress Miniatures - P&P?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 10:31:00 AM »
Just tried the same thing postage was 75p

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 11:04:24 AM »
Just tried the same thing postage was 75p

Really? I’m getting £8.75 for a £5 model and £9.50 for a £10 order!

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 11:05:46 AM »
Postage will always be expensive if you only buy one model. I always figure into my purchases that postage is £10

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 11:27:30 AM »
I got 75p as well  ???

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 11:31:26 AM »
Really? I’m getting £8.75 for a £5 model and £9.50 for a £10 order!

I’m guessing you are Uk based, and not Outer Mongolia?

Have you been on holiday recently? Might be that it thinks you are overseas still...clear your history/cookies, and open a fresh page?

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 11:52:17 AM »
No Outer Mongolia, but I am in Spain and one of the reasons I buy from Empress less than I would like is how high their P&P is. Even compared with other British manufacturers. Nick, from North Star, or Iain, from Flags of War, charge a fraction of what Empress does. I still buy from them, as their product is top notch, but not as much nor as frequently as I wish. It is simply that I can't afford to pay their higher shipping costs. Usually, P&P from Empress to outside the UK represents an extra cost between 30-50% of the original order (smaller orders, higher percentage). I wonder what will happen after Brexit is in force. I guess I will save all the money to travel to Salute (or Crisis) and collect there the models for the year!  lol

Offline Paul Hicks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 12:42:21 PM »
No Outer Mongolia, but I am in Spain and one of the reasons I buy from Empress less than I would like is how high their P&P is. Even compared with other British manufacturers. Nick, from North Star, or Iain, from Flags of War, charge a fraction of what Empress does. I still buy from them, as their product is top notch, but not as much nor as frequently as I wish. It is simply that I can't afford to pay their higher shipping costs. Usually, P&P from Empress to outside the UK represents an extra cost between 30-50% of the original order (smaller orders, higher percentage). I wonder what will happen after Brexit is in force. I guess I will save all the money to travel to Salute (or Crisis) and collect there the models for the year!  lol

Have you tried the Spanish distributor https://www.empressminiatures.com/international-distributors-24-w.asp

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 12:45:45 PM »
Salute can be an expensive show, Partizan at Newark is cheaper, Empress and North Star are both going and the accommodation is much cheaper in Newark than London. Also if you come across for a couple of days, Newark is close to Nottingham so you could visit North Star, Warlord, Mantic, Caliver (and Foundry is nearby too)
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2019, 01:35:16 PM »
Have you tried the Spanish distributor https://www.empressminiatures.com/international-distributors-24-w.asp

Yes, Paul, but they don't carry Iron Duke Miniatures... Mind that I blame you for sculpting those figures!  lol

By the way, I understand that Empress is charging what they think is the right amount to provide the best possible shipping for their customers outside UK. In the plus side, I receive my packages fast and all are signed for (i.e. tracked). I know that extra service comes with extra expenses. It is only that I would like to be able to chose if I want to pay that extra or spend more money in figures and use a cheaper shipping option.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 01:42:27 PM by Antonio J Carrasco »

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 01:37:19 PM »
Salute can be an expensive show, Partizan at Newark is cheaper, Empress and North Star are both going and the accommodation is much cheaper in Newark than London. Also if you come across for a couple of days, Newark is close to Nottingham so you could visit North Star, Warlord, Mantic, Caliver (and Foundry is nearby too)

That's a very good suggestion. I keep forgetting about Partizan. Dunno why. I was with my wife long ago and had great fun. Thanks for the reminder.

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2019, 05:05:58 PM »
The RM International Tracked & Signed service is expensive; you're not being ripped off.

It is the only way that a company can get insurance on overseas mail so I can't blame anyone, especially a 'smaller' company for covering themselves if parcels go missing.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 05:08:23 PM by Dags »

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2019, 05:39:01 PM »
The RM International Tracked & Signed service is expensive; you're not being ripped off.

It is the only way that a company can get insurance on overseas mail so I can't blame anyone, especially a 'smaller' company for covering themselves if parcels go missing.

This.
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2019, 06:26:26 PM »

I am aware of it. And wouldn't dare to accuse Empress of such a behaviour! I know for a fact that they are perfectly honest gentlemen and always have been in all the deals I have done with them. If any of my messages have communicated anything else, it has been totally unintended. As I said: I understand why they charge that much, even though it forces me to spend in shipping what I could spend in miniatures.

And I will leave it here, as any further explanation would be repetitive and therefore pointless.

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2019, 06:38:41 PM »
Apologies.... was aimed at the OP with the 'extortionate amount' comment