Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:45:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685090
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Another 55 minutes in Peking at Partizan  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Keith T

• Librarian
Another 55 minutes in Peking at Partizan
« on: August 19, 2019, 09:33:49 AM »
We attended "the other Partizan" show in Newark [England] on Sunday as well as a small trade stand we again put on our game "another 55 minutes in Peking" this was run by two good friends Richard Bason and Peter A.

We had around 200 Boxers with a Dragon cannon and a few Regular infantry attacking part of the legation defended by 21 US Marine's led by Cpt. Heston and 24 British marine light infantry command by Ambassador Niven. The Americans also had a colt machine gun and during the game "Betsy" the international gun appeared having been hastily built by the Americans with some help from the Brits. Close run game with the defenders winning by a hairs breadth.

The 6' Tartar wall was made by Dave Marschal of TMterrain, mdf buildings from Warbases [available from us]
we also had some resin buildings from Oshiro and Adrianswalls. All the figures were our own Victorious miniatures.
https://victoriousminiatures.com
Keith@VM

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 08:00:38 AM by Keith T »
Keith T

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Another 55 minutes in Peking
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 11:04:30 AM »
Wonderful looking game!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I've been waiting for the pics of The Other Partizan to start filtering into the forum so this is appreciated.

Do you have any close ups of the game?

Kind Regards

Offline flatpack

• Mastermind
  • Hiding in the shed
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 03:45:10 PM »
I saw this at the show and it looked very nice indeed.
Flatpack

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 03:25:53 AM »
Looks good - and reminds me I have to get back to work on my Boxer setup (and got some enthusiasm for it from the guys at the club meeting yesterday which helps).  All I need is 72 hours a day 8 days a week and I might get everything done soon! 

Only two legations to improve the odds for the Boxers? 

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 06:19:52 AM »
Very nice indeed, well done.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Keith T

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 08:32:05 AM »
This was only a small part of the legation area, I would need a table at least twice as big if we tried to do the whole area. i will be adding some burned out buildings in the future, also the French sailors and new British marines will  be out later this week.
 Over time I plan to fill the table with more buildings, walls and temples, may even add a gate to the Tartar wall with the tower above it [as seen in the film where it is set on fire] but that's in the future.
 The friends who ran the game for me were also play testing the new rules which seemed to work ok, a deck of action cards to see which side may move a unit/Hero or shoot and a deck for random events.
  An ongoing project [obsession?] so keep watching this space.
Keith@VM

Offline Keith T

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 07:44:18 AM »
Some close up shots taken by some nice chap at the show, wish I had though to take some myself.

Offline Keith T

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 01:08:56 PM »
We will be at Chillcon in Derby next month 22nd September, with the game and I hope the French sailors, also the new British marine light infantry both units with new officer figures.
 Also the British ambassador [Niven] and a helpful nurse [Ava] we plan to add quite a few new character figures all based on the film of course, we will do the Baroness in her proper frock and hat as well.
KeithT
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:16:23 PM by Keith T »

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
Re: Another 55 minutes in Peking at Partizan
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 09:04:20 AM »
Will we see the rules you used published?

Offline Keith T

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 11:24:59 AM »
We do intend to publish the rules but a lot of play testing first.

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 12:44:01 PM »
Keith. What an absolutely beautiful table and amazing figures. Pure eye candy! This one game I’d love to be in. I’m a dire hard TSATF guy bat am definitely looking forward to seeing your rules set when published. I will be purchasing your figures as well as soon as I replenish the hobby fund, lol. Will you be posting any AAR’s of your games?

Offline Stosstruppen

• Assistant
    • Adventures in Wargaming and History
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2019, 02:13:48 PM »
Great looking game!
凱文

"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline Keith T

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 02:07:14 PM »
The game was run by two friends at the show as I was on a trade stand, the premise of the game was that the defenders had barricaded the Tartar wall at two points to prevent Chinese from firing down into the legation.
 They had also placed a barricade on each of the access roads that ran thru the Legation, so a total of six barricades. Each barricade was held by 6 soldiers with another two groups of 6 in reserve also a total of 4 allied officers available to lead or inspire them, we had 24 British marine light infantry, 12 American Marines, one Colt machine gun with American crew and as an event card "Betsy" the international gun available.
 The Chinese would appear at random on any of the six possible entry points, either of the two on the wall or of the four road entry points, on the first turn three units would appear and on the second another three.
 No more than two were allowed to appear on any one entry. The Chinese had six units of 20 Boxers with two leaders, event cards would allow a seventh unit of 20 Boxers, a Dragon cannon and crew or 6 Regular Chinese soldiers with rifles.
 The Boxer units had mixed weapons [swords,spears, halberds and a few rusty muskets] and the Legation troops bolt action rifles and that one machine gun.
 My chums played the game twice over the day with honers even as one win each, several of the barricades were defended to the last man but the timely arrival of "Betsy" saved the day in the first game and the untimely arrival of the extra Boxers won the day in the second game.
 We used a deck of action cards to see which side could move a unit or a leader and a set of event cards to add a few random events so the game would not be the same each time you played.
cheers
Keith

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 05:53:14 PM »
Keith, that sounds like fun!