Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:18:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm terrain for Germany... (80's Cold War)  (Read 564 times)

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
15mm terrain for Germany... (80's Cold War)
« on: August 23, 2019, 12:21:03 PM »
So you're probably looking at the thread title and thinking 'why isn't this in Conflicts that came in from the Cold?' and you'd have a point.

I'm looking for buildings across all periods of history useful for near modern gaming. I have generic forests and hills etc and am going to get some flexible roads, streams etc, but I need more suitable variety in buildings.  I'm not in love with the model railroad OO gauge (I think) as the doors etc are vastly too big to work out of the box imo.  It seems every man and his dog produces stuff for Normandy, but no one makes anything for the invasion of Germany - which given the preponderance of late war games strikes me as odd!

Any suggestions for buildings welcome, from medieval to modern!

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Re: 15mm terrain for Germany... (80's Cold War)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 08:03:14 PM »
The OO gauge is 1/76, more in the 20mm mini range. My go to for 15mm is HO, 1/87 - as 15mm is close to 1/100.
With HO, the doors are at the ....almost right scale, a bit thin maybe - due to the bulky minis. Depending on your location, HO can be hard to find, Faller/Busch/Auhagen make German oriented models and aren't cheap. But you can find full street of Stadthaus, some of them are semi-flat, to be placed on the background.
You can see some HO buildings and vehicle here, with Peter Pigs 15mm moderns: https://teardropworlds.wordpress.com/category/modern/patatas-libre/

Best regards

Offline Etranger

• Mad Scientist
Re: 15mm terrain for Germany... (80's Cold War)
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 01:54:10 AM »
Some of the older nominally HO (1/87) plastic models are actually at the 'reduced' scale of 1/100 anyway
"It's only a flesh wound...."