Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:31:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Step by Step for 2' x 2' Terrain Tiles (please!!) :)  (Read 8834 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Step by Step for 2' x 2' Terrain Tiles (please!!) :)
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2020, 11:41:04 AM »
Found these videos which you may not have seen and may be of use? Certainly be helpful to me.

there's three parts to it.

Cheers mate, very good of you  8)

I hadn't actually seen this particular series before.

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2020, 11:41:43 AM »
Thanks Charlie, I'm trying to avoid using a wooden base for ease of movement if i can get away with it.
One advantage of a wood frame is it lets you use 600m square foam panels but still get 2 foot square modules. It's a lot more work, though.
If you use wooden side pieces glued to the wooden base then it isn't going to warp, but I can certainly believe a wood base glued to foam on its own will warp.
My own terrain boards are either 9mm MDF or 6mm MDF with 3mm of cork tile glued to the top (to make river boards). Had them many years and not had any warp on me.

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2020, 01:20:11 PM »
No problem. I'll post anything else I find of use. Not started anything myself yet, I'm holding off until the double garage has been converted into a games room, then I'll have a decent place to store my boards. Work on the garage was due to start in may, but obviously the current situation is going to delay that.

I'm going for styrofoam boards 40mm or 50mm thick....without a base, seems to work fine for people I've spoken too.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2020, 02:54:46 PM »
I'm going for styrofoam boards 40mm or 50mm thick....without a base, seems to work fine for people I've spoken too.

That's what I'm looking to do as well. The less weight the better IMHO as they will have to be able to travel- they will be well packaged before heading out of the house :)