Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:32:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: LEAD PAINTERS' LEAGUE 13 - RULES  (Read 21736 times)

Offline khartoum2

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Re: LEAD PAINTERS' LEAGUE 13 - RULES
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2019, 12:57:48 PM »
I presume when it comes to round 5 putting a plain banner (bit of card, material or paper) behind the figures will not breach the rule for adding a background picture

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2019, 04:01:19 PM »
I presume when it comes to round 5 putting a plain banner (bit of card, material or paper) behind the figures will not breach the rule for adding a background picture

A plain coloured piece of card, paper, foam board, etc will be fine.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2019, 02:50:37 AM »
Hey, do I get in trouble if I post a better version of my photo since it got resized smaller when I sent it to you?
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2019, 07:11:31 PM »
If you can't get it not to resize when it sends, stick it on the thread and at least then we'll be able to see how much of a difference it makes.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2019, 02:13:11 AM »
Done.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2019, 11:01:23 AM »
The wrong image was put up for my Round 5 entry with 11 votes being cast before it was corrected. That’s not fair to either entry. Will those 11 votes be annulled?

Edit: Though Annulment doesn’t address whether all of those points might have gone to one or the other.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 11:15:58 AM by Silent Invader »
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2019, 12:12:51 PM »
I voted before seeing the correct image, but FWIW for me after seeing the correct image I don't think it would have mattered which way my vote would have gone

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2019, 12:14:54 PM »
I voted before seeing the correct image, but FWIW for me after seeing the correct image I don't think it would have mattered which way my vote would have gone
I also voted before the correct picture was uploaded, but it wouldn't have changed my vote as well.
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2019, 12:28:22 PM »
 :)

Thanks for saying so but as the fault rests on me it’s only right that I offer restitution......

My concern was/is fairness to both parties. Checking with the mods, we’ve now established that my revised image had not been received (I’ve since found other garbled emails). The responsibility rests on my shoulders for not having been sure to obtain an acknowledgment; there was no fault on the part of the admin. Thank you mods for helping establish what transpired.

My point still stands that up to 10 votes (1 of the 11 was mine which I gave to me  ;)) could have gone either way to make the difference between a win or a draw. Just before the image was corrected*, there were 5 votes for me and 6 for McMordian. As responsibility rests on me, I’m very happy for 4 of the 5 votes that came to me to be either annulled or awarded to McM, or whatever he prefers.  :)

*It of course being entirely possible that some prefer my wrong image to my right one.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 12:33:11 PM by Silent Invader »

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2019, 10:32:30 PM »
My point still stands that up to 10 votes (1 of the 11 was mine which I gave to me  ;)) could have gone either way to make the difference between a win or a draw. Just before the image was corrected*, there were 5 votes for me and 6 for McMordian. As responsibility rests on me, I’m very happy for 4 of the 5 votes that came to me to be either annulled or awarded to McM, or whatever he prefers.  :)

Well, honestly I don't know what would be the best. I appreciate the thought though :) , but if any vote gets annulled I think all of those 10 should be, as they could have been different in either way (well except for those who said that is not the case :) ). Technical problems happen, nobody is perfect  ;) .
I'm perfectly fine with leaving it as it is as well.  I'm also okay with splitting those ten votes evenly and maybe that would be the most fair toward those who voted, seeing the wrong picture and for us competitors.

Bear Pirates Go To Hell!

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2019, 09:42:32 AM »
The problem is that we don't know the distribution of those votes. When I checked there was one vote in it, so taking 5 from both entrants wouldn't really achieve anything, nor would adding 5 to each. I think the best way forward is to just leave it as is. If it's really going to be an issue then we could perhaps add those 10 votes into the draw parameters, or something (ie it's a draw if they're within 20 instead of 10)? Just me thinking aloud and it would obviously need both parties to agree anything like that. At least it was the same figures and not a totally different entry, so people were still voting on the same thing.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2019, 09:59:09 AM »
I’m very aware that the photo mix up might have garnered me some ‘sympathy’ votes (I’m not being ungracious to such voters  - the thought being understood and appreciated  :)). With that in mind I’m very happy to go to a 20 vote draw margin, if McM is happy with that too.  :)

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2019, 01:56:36 PM »
I'm fine with that.  :)

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2019, 06:00:09 PM »
OK, so that's what we'll do.