Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A quick layout dry run.( tsg's WW2 thread)  (Read 67207 times)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: (Tin sheds Homefront & ww2.)
« Reply #345 on: March 31, 2021, 07:21:05 PM »
Cheers .
Its better to arrive late to a party than not at all  ;)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #346 on: April 02, 2021, 04:34:01 PM »
Just found a couple of picture's from the first set up I started over two years ago.I lost a lot of it due to a leaking roof.The hotel was one of the buildings that got damaged. I couldn't get the smell of foist out of it. So it went to Ewan to either save recycle or bin. As I hadn't the time or space to restore it.

I've also had a rethink on the second tile for the farm. As I'd mocked up the buildings for it and realized that although accurate it was going to be as boring as sin.
So I'm working on a cunning plan to make it more useful and visually different from other farm tiles whilst still being period correct.
They'll be some pictures soon. ;)

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #347 on: April 03, 2021, 06:14:15 AM »
Wonderful pics as usual Mark.  :-* Shame about the damage.  :?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 08:35:56 AM by Bravo Six »

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #348 on: April 03, 2021, 07:32:09 AM »
Shame about the hotel, it looked great!  Will you do another?

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #349 on: April 03, 2021, 10:36:33 AM »
It's just life. Gives me some room to redirect and review my plan's. :D

I've no plans for another hotel .It being French in origin it never fit well with me.
But ... This is part of the musing for the new farm tile.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #350 on: April 06, 2021, 12:58:03 AM »
That'll be a good build Mark. Looking forward to seeing the results of that effort.  :D

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #351 on: April 06, 2021, 06:16:48 AM »
Mark I don't frequent this board but your thread proves how much I'm missing,  I've just read it from start to finish, thanks for all the good ideas and inspiration. I ordered your stone wallpaper from B&Q who are discontinuing it and I hope to have lots of stone buildings appearing on a table near me in maybe 2 to 5 years time.
Cheers

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #352 on: April 08, 2021, 10:38:21 AM »
That second windmill would be a cracker to build. I'm sure with your skills, you'd knock it out the park! ;)

Offline modelwarrior

• Scientist
    • themodelwarrior
« Reply #353 on: April 08, 2021, 12:09:27 PM »
Mark I don't frequent this board but your thread proves how much I'm missing,  I've just read it from start to finish, thanks for all the good ideas and inspiration.

Im new to this forum and I have also just read through the whole thread and what a superb read it is. Loving the hotel and waterborne Home Guard force.

Offline meyer

• Bookworm
« Reply #354 on: April 08, 2021, 05:38:51 PM »
Wow, very nice terrain pics in this thread!

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #355 on: April 08, 2021, 10:31:17 PM »
I'm not sure if I should salute each of  you,  for reading it all from the first post .Or smile and wait for the men in white coats. lol
Thankyou either way.
The wallpaper is a definitely a useful piece of kit to have .
You'll be glad you got a roll. One point worth noting if your going to add additional details in card. I'd reccomend you apply a thin layer of Mogpog over the card as it'll marry the surfce texture with that of the wall paper.
As you can tell in the picture I forgot to do so on the gate surrounded and the textures are slightly off. So the colours don't appear to match even though they're the same washes and base colour.( castle still isn't finished theres shading an a shed load of painting to do as Im barely past the base colours.  So far just shy of 3,000 roof tiles and counting ::))

I'm a little side tracked sculpting another set of HOME Guard figures at the moment. Inspired by one of the London unit's. I can say what they are .But they're definitely mobile. ;)

Andy I thought so to .Until I realized I could pick up a HO kit of it for under £10. ( I still might as an independent piece of scenery that'll work for fantasy and VSF.)

I'm aiming for something like Skidby Mill. A complex of buildings that morph out the mill and go some way to supporting it.( I can rest the wall way on.)
The trouble with the mill is the sheer size of the sails, and the dome. The dome is just a ten minitue search for a turnned wood curtain finale. Or a Christmas bauble.
It's going to feel like it's over scale or start to look too steam punk in 28mm

So I figured I'd compromise and use the weather boarding of the one you like and repacle the skidby mill with in the buillding complex with something similar to The one in the first photo of a mill.
( not sure what happened to the skidby mill pic in the orginal post I definitely attached three images(( it was actually the first one of the three.)

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #356 on: April 08, 2021, 10:36:35 PM »
I'm a little side tracked sculpting another set of HOME Guard figures at the moment. Inspired by one of the London unit's. I can say what they are .But they're definitely mobile.

Oh boy. Tease, tease, tease.  ::)

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #357 on: April 08, 2021, 10:55:20 PM »
Wow! This is an absolutely outstanding thread. There are so many great individual elements that it's impossible to pick a favorite. Really great work.
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #358 on: April 27, 2021, 02:32:00 PM »
I've only just found a little time today to reply . So a belated cheers I'm plodding along making it up as go.As such Butterfly mode is a given  :D

With that in mind. I'm in the middle of painting cavalry and snipers.Trying to find enough time to finish a few more vehicles .As Simon returned a few bits and bob's that had graced the trade stand at shows over the last couple of year's( they're knackered so I'm repairing and repainting as and when)
Here's a couple of pictures of some of the cars ( so far.) Most are 80% re painted or about ten minitues away from under coating. But they give a rough idea for comparison.
Mark.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #359 on: April 27, 2021, 02:34:27 PM »
Those look fantastic. I also found some rather cool STL files on wargaming 3d I might be looking into.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---