Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:16:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (commercial) Edinburgh Miniature Company - Wraith Hoplites preview  (Read 11182 times)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Re: (commercial) Edinburgh Miniature Company - Atheros archers available
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2019, 06:30:37 PM »
Hey, unfortunately I'm not sure - I don't own any Wargods miniatures. I'll take some comparison shots alongside Victrix Spartans next week they sale quite well with those.

Might be worth getting at least one Wargods miniature as that might create a good amount of sales from those players :)
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
    • Edinburgh Miniature Company
Re: (commercial) Edinburgh Miniature Company - Spartan previews
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2019, 08:00:01 AM »
Some work in progress paint jobs here, these are all iphone shots on the workbench (with a polystyrene background) so inferior to proper light tent photos. I've got 6 spartan spearmen half done and hoping to have them finished by the weekend. I was so happy with them I did some additional pose variants and got another mould organised - currently awaiting test casts of those before I put them up for sale in the coming days.

The bronze is great 'in real life' but the photos carry a lot of glare, I'm hoping the light tent balances it out.

All going to plan then, there's 4 rear rank poses in total with the spears attached to the mini, and 3 'advancing' poses that can have spear or sword arms. And also the Captain.

And finally I'll make the conversion arm sprues available for purchase. One of the arms here is shown on my Atheros hoplite but they also work great on Victrix plastics. I'll need to go weigh them and work out the logistics but they'll likely come in sets for 10 minis (so 10 sword arms and 10 left arms). They're very fine but look great on the minis.

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
Re: (commercial) Edinburgh Miniature Company - Spartan painted previews
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »
Few more snaps of bits and pieces...

I'm not sold on the Spartan paint jobs (maybe its the photographs) but the casts are excellent, I'll get some inked metal images soon.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2019, 11:52:58 AM »
They look great, I particularly like the shot of the two groups facing off against each other.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2019, 11:55:41 AM »
They look great, I particularly like the shot of the two groups facing off against each other.

Thanks, the poses were unplanned but work well. I'll need to get some in game/terrain shots soon.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2019, 12:16:11 PM »
That'll be cool. You must get a real buzz once you seen the minis you've sculpted finally make it into in-game shots after spending so many hours designing & creating them.

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2019, 12:54:48 PM »
That'll be cool. You must get a real buzz once you seen the minis you've sculpted finally make it into in-game shots after spending so many hours designing & creating them.

You do in the beginning but after a few years (10+ now) it wears off... there's always the next thing to be making, and I've got a long list of stuff. I think once I've got enough unique minis and images to full up a rule book then I'll be satisfied. Speaking of which, I'm still undecided but I may do a small intro PDF/ebook and if it's popular I'll develop into a full campaign system.

Joe Mc's stuff (Rangers of shadow deep, frostgrave) is quite an inspiration that I'll probably follow, but with different mechanics.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2019, 01:44:15 PM »
Ahh so you're thinking of doing your own rules, that's cool. I haven't looked at Frostgrave but I've heard good things about it but ROSD looks very cool.

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2019, 01:48:42 PM »
Ahh so you're thinking of doing your own rules, that's cool. I haven't looked at Frostgrave but I've heard good things about it but ROSD looks very cool.

There's already plenty of ancients/mythology rules out there so I'm not sure we need another one, but I'm actively working on a set. It's definitely a difficult and long process to get right.

More pics of the Spartans today, there's a courier on it's way with a few more test casts for me. I need to clean, assemble and actually paint them before they pass my quality control. All going to plan I'll have these on sale in the store by the end of the week!

Offline Burnin Coal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2019, 11:23:13 PM »
Good looking models...I particularly like the shading on the armour
Figures painted 2020 : 100

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2019, 05:19:41 PM »
Good looking models...I particularly like the shading on the armour

Thanks.

Here's a quick mock up for the Atheros bolt launcher. I'll use this as a reference for making a production quality version.

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian

Pre-order discounts available in the store until Tuesday

https://www.edinburghminiaturecompany.com/shop

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
Few more paint jobs on prototypes here:

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
WIP sculpt on a cyclops, early stages so it's very blocky and rough.

Ideally I'll do a few different poses and perhaps some fatter ones. I see these as the ogres of the setting, this one is a wild scavenger hence the lean physique.

Odd dillema is when it comes to the face there's no eyebrows to suggest mood or expression, I'll need to rely on the mouth and tweak the head posturing to give it some character.

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
Re: (commercial) Edinburgh Miniature Company - Wraith Hoplites preview
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2020, 02:50:48 PM »
Preview of some undead I'll hopefully release soon. Scaled to fit alongside plastic historical minis, like all the Mythology stuff.

And the early stages of some Underworld dungeon crawler terrain...