Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:26:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Trident Designs and Vanguard Men-at-arms  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Phillius

• Bookworm
Trident Designs and Vanguard Men-at-arms
« on: December 20, 2018, 07:40:54 AM »
I would like to let everyone know that I have taken over the Trident Designs FIW and AWI ranges, and the Vanguard Men-at-arms range from Doug of the Miniature Service Center.

My initial plans are to get the manufacturing process sorted early in the new year, and hopefully have a website up shortly after that. I have some Seasonal commitments that might slow things down a little bit.

I will be dedicating all my time to this business from the end of February, when I am retiring from full time employment (early).
I hope to add to the existing ranges initially, and then add further ranges in the future.

I have recently sent out an email to the existing customer base, but did get some bounce back at me as incorrect. So if you are an existing customer and haven't received an email from me, and want to, please message me here and I will make contact.

Thanks and Seasons Greetings to all.

Phil Gates

Offline markeejay

• Assistant
Re: Trident Designs and Vanguard Men-at-arms
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 08:51:28 AM »
Congratulations Phil!
1 for reaching retirement

2 for taking over those splendid Trident miniatures

Any hope of getting a UK/European distributor? Importing to the UK from the US  with small orders can make things waaaay too expensive for these wonderful 40mm figures!
Best wishes for the success of your business and have a great Christmas.

Online traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 12:31:18 PM »
Great news and congratulations to your new venture!
I was a customer in the past and will send you my email in a pm

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 01:05:23 PM »
Any hope of getting a UK/European distributor? Importing to the UK from the US  with small orders can make things waaaay too expensive for these wonderful 40mm figures!
Best wishes for the success of your business and have a great Christmas.

From the email:
"The most important thing you need to know about me now is that I am in New Zealand and will be producing and distributing the figures from here. The biggest impact I expect this to have on most of you will be the cost of postage. I have done some calculations on postage costs to various countries and have included some details below; I don’t believe these will be too significant."

Can't copy the postage table here but for example for 10 miniatures to the UK postage is stated as NZD 19,10 (would be GBP 10,76 at the moment). And the costs of course of getting the miniatures through customs.

For 20 miniatures postage is NZD 23,76.

DJ

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:07:09 PM by Drunkendwarf »

Offline markeejay

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 09:10:42 PM »
Thanks drunken dwarf, not having the email that explains all.

If we don't have a local distributor, perhaps a group purchase for any UK fans out there?

Offline Phillius

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 07:00:40 PM »
Hi folks.

At this stage I have not given any thought to distributors in other countries. My initial aim has been to try and provide the best service I can from home.

How does VAT and other tax at the border work on figure purchases arriving in the UK from overseas?

Phil

Offline markeejay

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 01:31:31 PM »
I'm no expert but  I think it's, 20% vat and post office charge extra handling fee of £8+  as standard and if the value of the goods is over £135 you may pay customs duties 2.5% aswell.

Offline vexillia

• Mad Scientist
    • Vexillia
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 06:19:55 PM »
I'm no expert but  I think it's, 20% vat and post office charge extra handling fee of £8+  as standard and if the value of the goods is over £135 you may pay customs duties 2.5% aswell.
That's right and it's 20% of the value of the goods & postage.

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 04:04:41 AM »

Good god! How does anyone have money over there?!
Mark

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 06:50:51 PM »

My main concern would be if we can buy them using Paypal... I don't own a credit card  lol

As for the price of postage, I think it will not be a lot more than orderering from the UK or the US for that matter... we'll see :?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline markeejay

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 07:05:43 PM »
Good god! How does anyone have money over there?!
Mark

And lots of people in the world see the UK as a land of milk and honey  o_o(They're both expensive products too!!!)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 12:14:31 PM »

Any news? Is there a web site we can buy the figures from?

Offline Phillius

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2019, 10:57:19 PM »
Yes there is, I got to the stage where I was happy enough with it, to go public a couple of days ago.

www.triguardminiatures.com

Cheers

Phil