Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:36:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Plastic Persians - Victrix Limited  (Read 15201 times)

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Plastic Persians - Victrix Limited
« on: September 15, 2019, 03:57:49 PM »
Plastic Persians:
Also 2 sketches for the first Persian figures. The first set will comprise 3 unarmoured spearmen, 3 unarmoured archers and 2 slingers plus appropriate command figures. The next Persian infantry set will be armoured spearmen and archers.

The Persians will primarily be used as Later Achaemenid Persians that fought Alexander the Great and were led by Darius III. However, they can also be used as earlier Persians, in particular in the armoured infantry set will include appropriate shields such as Spara and some alternate heads.

Before we get a deluge of messages both the Norman and Persian ranges will include cavalry but this will take us quite a while to complete. We are also considering Persian chariots.

Offline Burnin Coal

• Mad Scientist
Re: Plastic Persians - Victrix Limited
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 04:08:32 PM »
For those of us without FB group updates this is excellent news...thanks for sharing this....if these are out for next year’s Salute I’m going to need a bigger bag
Figures painted 2020 : 100

Offline Stosstruppen

• Assistant
    • Adventures in Wargaming and History
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 04:28:46 PM »
Definitely looking forward to these.
凱文

"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline aphillathehun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 11:25:39 PM »
Awesome!

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 01:03:17 AM »
On the basis of their Greeks and Romans, I suspect these will become the new benchmark for Persians.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
    • Edinburgh Miniature Company
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 06:48:53 AM »
On the basis of their Greeks and Romans, I suspect these will become the new benchmark for Persians.

I second that.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 06:40:45 PM »
>:D Well, that's just great, innit!!!???  >:D

After finishing my Hoplite marathon (marathon, geddit? ::)) the command decision was no more Empire building. Just the odd vignette, or half a dozen skirmish figures now and again was just the ticket. so...

:'( Thanks Victrix, thanks very much! :'(

:)
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 10:33:35 PM »
Wonder if there's any tutorials on how to paint 'em. I fancy having a go at flowery/stripey clobber, but...
Do you do each unit with a kind of unifying tone, or mix 'em up as a rabble?

???

Offline Burnin Coal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 10:40:54 PM »
@ Harry Faversham.....the very question I am already debating...overall tone would be my preferred choice but the textiles themselves are a complete unknown to me

Online Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 01:29:02 PM »
Yes, finally! 

I can build my favorite Greek opponents!  My Men of Bronze collection can not wait to see these guys get added!
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2019, 01:03:51 AM »
All I know is with all my Wargames Factory, Black Tree design, and soon wargames Atlantic + Victrix persians, there's going to be one hell of a diverse army running about.

Offline Emir of Askaristan

• Mastermind
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2019, 06:07:47 AM »
Wonder if there's any tutorials on how to paint 'em. I fancy having a go at flowery/stripey clobber, but...
Do you do each unit with a kind of unifying tone, or mix 'em up as a rabble?

???
I kept my standard Persian levy rabble foot in fairly dull drab colours, off whites and browns. The better infantry units got some colour to them with the "guard" (immortals and satrap's household troops) wearing uniformed colours and patterns.

The Osprey Elite on the Persians suggests some bold colouring based on evidence from painted sculpture. The Montvert Publications Book on the Persians (if you can find it, if not google for its illustrations) has a less "bright" approach.

These figs might be a perfect match for block painting using Contrast paints. I can't wait to get my hands on them. I have plenty WF Persians - as later round shielded types. But I really want some sparabara and these will be perfect.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2019, 07:45:21 AM »
Show me real minis?

It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2019, 07:30:13 PM »
Show me real minis?

They're in the design process ;) But victrix is fairly quick. I suspect they'd be released in 2020!

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2019, 05:23:10 PM »
We’re pleased to bring you some more product info regarding the upcoming release of the Persian light infantry. As you can see, the Persians shown here represent Later Achaemenid Persian troops that fought Alexander the Great and Xenephon and took part in the numerous Persian civil wars. They can also be used in Asiatic Successor armies after Alexander’s empire broke apart.

The spearmen figures can be used as skirmishers, Takabara, Kardakes or Satrapal guards with all the equipment options available in the set. The set will also include sling arms and sling ammunition bags. As shown in the sketches, this allow gives you the option of making the Persian spearman into slingers.

Once these are completed, we will move on to 4 archer poses and then the command figures. After that it will be armoured infantry. Keep your eyes peeled for more updates. The release date will be revealed soon.