Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:43:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: More photos New Dredd range from Warlord Games (pg2)  (Read 13271 times)

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
Re: More photos New Dredd range from Warlord Games (pg2)
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2019, 03:03:10 PM »
Have they released the contents of the starter set yet?

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
Re: A bit more detail on new Warlord Games Judge Dredd range
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2019, 01:23:42 PM »
Why are you so needy Giraffe!!?!!
In all honesty I have so many judges I can't see me buying anymore except lawgivers, I don't mind the differences between foundry mongoose and even citadel.

I sold my foundry judges to White Knight (I think). I have the converted Urban judges still.

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2019, 01:26:00 PM »
To be fair most of the original artwork was anything but consistant. Compare Ezquera with Dillon.

Although I agree that the aesthetic is ruined by a mishmash of sculpting styles within the same group of figures on the table top.

Ezquerra didn’t draw one figure in a strip while Dillon drew everything else. Artists have styles, but are consistent within the strip and that’s what I want on the table.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2019, 10:39:08 PM »
I have the converted Urban judges still.
Groovy. Always loved those.

Grimm

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2019, 08:34:56 PM »
I was hoping for a classic lawmaster, not that the pictured one looks bad. The rest look ok to me and the fact they are not being kickstarted means they should be readily available.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2019, 08:28:08 PM »
Warlords pre-order page goes live on Friday...just in case you haven’t already preordered from Wayland or another distributor in the last 4 weeks.

:D

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2019, 03:12:20 PM »

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2019, 05:09:49 PM »
 :-* :-* :-*

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2019, 09:33:23 PM »
 :o They are looking exceptionally good... especially the Judges!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2019, 10:11:11 PM »
I'll be getting this for sure. The models look fantastic and I'm a huge Dredd fan!

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2019, 04:21:47 AM »
:o They are looking exceptionally good... especially the Judges!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

As far as I can see, the Judges in that pic are the only ones from WG's new range... the rest would be from Andy's project, IIRC, although those are magnificent in their own right, and congratulations on getting your stuff featured in the newsletter, Andy!

Offline steders

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2019, 09:34:46 AM »

The Villains pack is a little odd in terms of composition ...why have a single dark judge...a single member of the angel gang? It works as a teaser release I guess, but as a gamer you’d want the others so will a future wave have the other 3 dark judges as a pack, or 4 figure pack which means you end up with a duplicate?

Despite this oddity, I’m pleased with the sculpts, and hope the launch is a real success, so that it leads to a healthy schedule of additional releases.

Yeah, that is really odd. It doesn't even make sense if they are targeting collectors not gamers as you would expect a 'judge Child set', 'The Dark Judges', 'Apocalypse war characters' etc
I really do like them though,

Offline Tordelback

• Student
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2019, 12:25:45 PM »
I think it's quite clever - a lot of longtime fans will have several Death and Orlok minis (OK, me), maybe even an Oola Blint. But Raider and Homer Blint? I dont think they've ever been made before. See also the judge with his helmet respirator down... that's hitting the hardcore collector where it hurts!

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2019, 03:55:04 PM »
Preorders are up and WLG disappoints once again.

The only way to preorder the entire miniatures line is to also preorder the Collector's Edition rulebook, which is three times as expensive as the normal rulebook. PLUS the normal rulebook is already included in the Starter Box.

I emailed WLG and they very quickly responded, confirming that there are no plans to offer preorders without the Collector's Edition:
For the period of the pre-order, the only bundles available are those with the Collector's Edition rulebook.

However, please keep an eye on the newsletter and website, as there is the possibility that other bundles may be added, although I Cannot confirm this at the present time.

Anyone who has purchased a rulebook from Warlord knows it would be totally foolish to shell out for a premium edition, considering the amount of errors they consistently send to the printers. Sometimes, important mechanics are even printed completely wrong -- such as in the recent release of SPQR.

This release has been a disaster, from the lack of communications, the fact there still isn't any detail about the game itself, and now the attempt to foist an overpriced item on the customers most likely to be excited about the product line.

The product itself may be excellent, and I like the look of the minis and I like the SD ruleset, but marketing at WLG needs an overhaul.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 03:56:36 PM by Manchu »

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2019, 04:14:33 PM »
Plus, they removed the ability to pay via paypal. Which strikes me as a bit odd.  :-[

I agree on the topic of the special edition rulebook though. It was the same with Konflikt 47, where you basically got 2 rulebooks, for the price of 3.
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman