Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:48:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Sellswords and Spellsingers 'of wine and brambles'  (Read 722 times)

Offline Dr. Kevin Moon III esq.

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
Sellswords and Spellsingers 'of wine and brambles'
« on: June 17, 2020, 06:37:34 PM »
I played my first game of Sellswords and Spellsingers today. Battle report below.

I took 3 PCs with no wizards or anything too fancy and played the 'Of Wine and Brambles' scenario which saw our adventurers looking for wine jugs stolen by goblins. Three goblin archers and a goblin horde were scattered randomly across the board and I picked the edge to arrive on furthest away from them to give myself a chance to search a few bramble patches before getting into too much trouble. I also found out an Orc brute would arrive when I found my first jug.

The game started badly with several event cards drawn; another goblin horde arrived, my fungal paladin took a bite from a snake and the goblins advanced on the party.

An ambushing goblin was dispatched and he happened to be carrying a win jug and triggered the arrival of the Orc Brute.

The third bramble patch revealed a second jug of wine. The party just needed to get away now. A goblin horde arrived to block the way. The fungal paladin and Andrea Underfoot piled in and killed them. A bit looting gave up a few silvers.

More goblins ambushed from behind my party but were easily dealt with. A green troll arrived on the far side of the board, too far away to be much trouble now though.

Deciding the advancing goblins looked like hard work the party exited and headed back to the merchant to claim their reward. The party then did a bit of hunting and earned some silvers.

Not the most exciting game. I don't think I was helped by finding the wine so quickly and not interacting with many of the creatures on the table. A better spread may have helped? Or less lucky rolls! I also spent a lot of time looking up rules in the book, which should be better on second play through. I think the game has enough legs to warrant another game anyway.

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
Re: Sellswords and Spellsingers 'of wine and brambles'
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 08:55:50 PM »
Nice 👍
I should be painting right now.

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
Re: Sellswords and Spellsingers 'of wine and brambles'
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 09:01:09 AM »
A nice looking party!

One of the great things I find with Sellswords is that if you were to play the same scenario again, it is likely to be a completely different game.